• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Update! Running axe II with Mesa 50/50 tube power and passive pa wedges

ari

Inspired
Update! I tried something unconventional today and I found my sound! Tried my Mesa 50/50 power amp with my pa speaker-an ev sx300. Figured that's basically what the atomic wedges are. Unreal. All the eq and punchiness concerns right outthe window. This is what the axe fx should sound like!! I also rediscovered the presets. Really nice. The expanding Delays preset may be the nicest clean tone I ever heard. So tube power with a good pa cab really works awesomely! Anyone else running like this?

maxdown

Fractal Fanatic
Was that when playing with a band or just on it's own? I have a 50/50 and was considering getting a 2x12 stereo/mono switchable cab and loading it with EVM12ls to see what it sounded like (if it's poo then I can always try a Matrix as others seem to indicate that the EVM12s and the Matrix are a good live set up).

ari

Inspired
Ran it at home not at a gig yet. But the EVs I have are awesome because I can run the cab sims. I'm not sure if the rig sounds better with the power amp sims on or off yet

Top Bottom