Update on the FC12? I got the FC6 but this FC12 seems to be a biaatch to get.

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
6 months on list and all I received was invite for the FC6. I need an FC12 and I've been on list for 6 months and still this elusive beast is no where to be had. Why is there still a delayed release or creation at this point??

I had the FC-6 invite a while back but I wanted to wait for the FC-12 and today was the day I got my official invite. Like hitting the lottery, I'm so hyped and waiting to receive my FC-12. I never posted on here anything about the FC, for me it made no sense and in Fractal I TRUST. Not going to lie, was going a tad bit nuts waiting for it:) I figured I'd get it sooner or later. It is what it is and now what it was, lol. Luckily much sooner then I thought. Fractal is an amazing company especially with their tireless efforts in perfecting their craft. I'm so amazed with the forum members. So awesome and always first to help out a fellow fractee in help for guidance and wisdom. Not a better company in da world!!! Thanks Cliff and team!!!

Fractal is an amazing company especially with their tireless efforts in perfecting their craft. I'm so amazed with the forum members. So awesome and always first to help out a fellow fractee in help for guidance and wisdom. Not a better company in da world!!! Thanks Cliff and team!!!

Indeed!

I got impatient waiting on the FC-12 and ordered the FC-6, only to return it knowing I'd be happier with the FC-12.

I wish I hadn't had to wait for close to 10 months for my FC-12 invite, but that's how long it took.

With all the amazing things the FAS folks do, I have to believe that it took 10 months only because there was just no other way.

6 months on list and all I received was invite for the FC6. I need an FC12 and I've been on list for 6 months and still this elusive beast is no where to be had. Why is there still a delayed release or creation at this point??
I’ve been on the list since September 23
Can’t hardly wait to get my hands on the 12;):D

This wait list thing is baffling. Not sure why it's still the standard business practice. They know they are going to sell a shit ton on these suckers and they always do this. Yes we wait around like sheep and enjoy it when it finally arrives. But why after over a decade does it still have to be like this?? They are first in class for what they do and they manufacture like they are a newbie start up. Is what it is. But frustrating all the same.

Hey, maybe this thread will prompt a response from Fractal. The other 100 didn't seem to do anything, here's hoping!!
I don't really care. It's truly amazing that they operate like this. This FC12 delay is ridiculous. I waited on list only to be offered the FC6. Waited longer and still no FC12. Who the hell makes these things? One dude in Taiwan? The endless waiting game is just old. I'm not mentioning for any other reason than the process is tired. I don't expect my post or any others to do anything from Fractal's end. They operate how they want and always have. As a consumer that has spent over $10k with them over the last decade, I can vent. I praise them more than I have ever stated negatives.

Last edited:
The whole waiting list thing is not common for sure, but it does seem to be the Fractal way.
I wonder if they are a small enough company that they can't get access to mass production. Maybe they are forced into small batch production.

The whole waiting list thing is not common for sure, but it does seem to be the Fractal way.
I wonder if they are a small enough company that they can't get access to mass production. Maybe they are forced into small batch production.
Possibly. They make quality stuff that is built well. Their technology is second to none. Shit even their service and response time is stellar. Waiting lists are the ONLY thing that I despise. A short wait is ok I guess. But these long delays happen and then you don't even get the item you really wanted. Pretty soon I'm sure they will be in stock with plenty. But then the next product release will more than likely roll out in the same fashion. Anyways I'm done bitching as it's not productive. Just how I feel.

The information that would be more relevant is the number of invites that have sent that have not been responded to. For argument's sake, let's say the waitlist has 2,000 people on it and Fractal orders and receives 2,000 units, expecting a certain number to pass. They then send out the 2,000 invites but during this time, 500 more people sign up on the waitlist.

Of the 2,000 invites, 1200 respond to either purchase or pass which leaves Fractal 'stuck' with 800 units in limbo, they cannot offer them to anyone else until the remaining invitees respond. The 'passes' will allow them to move further down the list but when it comes to how many more to order to fulfill the growing list, the 800 units has to factor into their decision. Simply ordering 500 more is not the solution.

My guess is that like any successful company, they have detailed asset management and can only have a certain amount of product on hand to stay within their budgetary goals. Throw in the delays waiting for the parts needed for production to become available again. Then the company contracted to assemble the units doesn't meet their goals and you have the perfect storm in which Fractal finds itself now.

Possibly. They make quality stuff that is built well. Their technology is second to none. Shit even their service and response time is stellar. Waiting lists are the ONLY thing that I despise. A short wait is ok I guess. But these long delays happen and then you don't even get the item you really wanted. Pretty soon I'm sure they will be in stock with plenty. But then the next product release will more than likely roll out in the same fashion. Anyways I'm done bitching as it's not productive. Just how I feel.
Your definitely not alone in that opinion. Fractal is definitely Awesome everything from their product to the customer service is stellar...
Waiting seven months for FC 12 that’s kind of crazy...
I definitely don’t want to send any negative vibes out there because fractal is awesome. But they definitely need to work on this supply in demand issue.
Patiently waiting here with my charge card in my hand :eek::D:cool:

Your definitely not alone in that opinion. Fractal is definitely Awesome everything from their product to the customer service is stellar...
Waiting seven months for FC 12 that’s kind of crazy...
I definitely don’t want to send any negative vibes out there because fractal is awesome. But they definitely need to work on this supply in demand issue.
Patiently waiting here with my charge card in my hand :eek::D:cool:

Fred... I had my waitlist in July..... its going to be a year in 3 months from now.... think about me.... he he he:D

I'm betting it's a supply issue... no company wouldn't want to deter sales by making people wait forever. It's not just Fractal Audio though, it seems like most products in the modelling world are difficult to obtain. I joined a waitlist for the Atomic CLR speakers 4 months ago and still have heard nothing at all from them - no updates on their website either. I've since purchased Xitone wedges instead - sorry Atomic I can't wait forever...

The one thing I was happy about was I ordered the Axe FX III and they shipped it the very next day and made sure it arrived the day before Christmas. That's crossing the border to Canada as well - I was very impressed.

As for the FC I've been on the waitlist for close to 2 months and I'm frustrated - I need an FC12 to complete my setup. But I can't even imagine the people waiting for close to a year. An updated explanation from Fractal Audio would be nice. Is it still a component shortage issue? Manufacturing delays? Not that it will speed anything up, but transparency certainly makes people feel better. Either way, it is what it is so we need to be patient. :)

An updated explanation from Fractal Audio would be nice. Is it still a component shortage issue? Manufacturing delays? Not that it will speed anything up, but transparency certainly makes people feel better.

This, this, this. And some sense of when they think they will be through the list.

August 28 for me. Just joined a band so until they start shipping again I'm using a Marshall MG. IIRC, they stopped at July 16 on 4/15.

Some of us waited almost a year; complaining isn’t going to get those ceramic capacitors made faster, be glad they’re not cutting corners and putting the cheapies in there.

Back
Top Bottom