Update on Std/Ultra

Train pretty much left I guess. Perhaps an upgrade of some minor features/effects, but not in near future, since (I guess) all focus is on the AXE II now to both add features and take care of bugs in this early stage of the AXE II lifecycle.

Yeah, I think so too. Another thing to remember is that the Std is pretty much as its max due to processing power so maybe for the Ultra? We can always hope. :)
Maybe Santa works at Fractal... :)

No. :)
The only issue I have now is to dial in patches on the Ultra for the FBT Verves I have. Have tried some corrective IR's but I'm still looking for good tips on the matter.

I hope to see an upgrade of some kind for us "ancient ultra owners". I can see what's gonna happen. I'm gonna pull the wallet trigger and order the axe2 and the next time I log on I'll see. NEW AXE FX III RELEASED!!!

Reactions: jon
LOL sounds exactly like me - EVERYTIME I buys something, the newer version comes out a week after :/

But...they still have the "Wish list" for Std/Ultra on the forum, so.... :)
What FAS could have done is to take a poll on the features, eg amps, and the ones that gets most votes stay and the three last could have been replaced with some new, lets say.....hm... Carvin Legacy with cabs? :)

Time and things move on guys - unlikely to be any update now unless some huge bug surfaces... which, given the time the Ultra has now been around, is equally unlikely

It doesn't matter though - my Ultra running version 11 is still doing more than I'll ever need
thumbsup.gif

Time and things move on guys - unlikely to be any update now unless some huge bug surfaces... which, given the time the Ultra has now been around, is equally unlikely

It doesn't matter though - my Ultra running version 11 is still doing more than I'll ever need
thumbsup.gif

Agreed. I like the idea that the Ultra is a fully developed product - it is what it is - and it's a fine piece of equipment. I am in the process of selling a long list of processors that have sonically been easily eclipsed by this device, and some of them are well-known popular units made by the likes of Lexicon & TC Electronic.

I might add that I'm using the Ultra predominantly for bass guitar, and for that purpose it works just fine, thanks. No need for further firmware unless it involves more bass amp sims (LOL - I know...ain't gonna happen).

I recall soon after the Axe FX II was announced and the question of Ultra firmware upgrades was raised, Cliff said he's left just enough space for a few more amps and that's about it.

I recall soon after the Axe FX II was announced and the question of Ultra firmware upgrades was raised, Cliff said he's left just enough space for a few more amps and that's about it.

That is just what I am talking about..."Just a few more amps".... 8)

It's christmas time and that is the time for wishful thinking... right? :D

So let us fold our hands in a common, silent prayer... :p

It has too many amp models as it is. I'd rather he cut out some of the unnecessary ones (do we really need several plexis and rectos?) and used that space to improve some feature, like add that strobe tuner that was on the wish list for years.

Memory and processing power are in two different leagues...

Every feature requires memory and that's what the Std/Ultra are short on, you simply can't fit more stuff on the firmware ROM. Processing power depends on what you're running on it.

mentioned this before but it would be nice to fix the loud pop during startup

Perhaps you are turning your equipment on in the wrong order. You should NEVER risk damaging your speakers by turning on equipment in your signal chain after you have turned on the power amplifier (built in or separate) feeding your speakers. With any piece of analog gear I have used it has always had a pop when powering up.

LOL sounds exactly like me - EVERYTIME I buys something, the newer version comes out a week after :/
Thought about buying the ultra for a yr,reading every thing on the net,watched you tube .Finally bite the bullet ,2 months later axe 2

Reactions: jon
Back
Top Bottom