[UPDATE] i need to hear it to believe it...

tcvans

Inspired
well, here's the update to a thread i started a while back.

of course, i'm still working on tones and things, but I BELIEVE!!!
two things i should note about my experience so far...

1] i'm a tweaker, but i need to slow down. i've programmed line6 PODs, a couple of digitech GSPs & RPs, art SGX, and all the "soft" modelers, but the axe goes WAY deeper. probably a lot of stuff that never has to be touched, but i'm touching anyway.
i would like to thank all those who post their presets (on the forum & axe-change). knowing most things may not translate, it is shorting my learning curve being able to see how others have gone at it.

2] i play like shit!!! :lol:
after playing through many other different "digital" units for many years (for many reasons), i have come to realize how "forgiving" the lower end devices are. in the last few days, i have become fully aware of many bad habits i've developed.

outside of all the tones and effects, it WILL force you to play better!!!

HERE IT IS!!!!
i still need to rack the marshall, but i'm waiting to build my footboard. (MFC-101 w/pedals)

rig.jpg

HA! I came to that same conclusion about playing. The Axe is incredibly revealing... you can hear every minute detail in everything. I've had to spend some serious time on improving my technique.

Funny, I find that the wonderful spongy Axe modeling makes it easier to play. I'm not using compression at all to cover my uneven picking, like I had to with most of my other modelers. I'm also able to use much less gain, which makes everything sound better.

In other words, it just feels gooood .... :cool:

JWW

i'm still using my cube 60 as of right now and a BKP CERAMIC WARPIG 7 STRING pickup, guitar is tuned 1/2 a step down from standard. i find this setup to be nice and chunky, but when it comes to pinch harmonics, or taps, the notes just don't jump at as i'd like

when i finally get a full rig again, which will be an AXE FX ULTRA and MACKIE HD1531, being that this piece of godliness can be tweaked to no end, will my current guitar be able to have a more pronounced sound for pinch harmonics and taps, or should i start exploring actives again

Back
Top Bottom