Update - Axe II Stock Cabs Freq. Response Curves

trsaudio

Since drosei first posted the curves on the original Axe I figured I'd post the curves for the Axe II stock cabinets since many have changed. The cabinets that stayed the same look the same obviously as what drosei previously posted but I assembled everything into a PDF file for printing so it would be easy to keep handy when doing work on the Axe.

I also included the comments from the WIKI for each cabinet since the speakers used aren't always obvious.

Captures were via SPDIF except for the old 4x12 Metal cabinet (on the last page) which was an analogue capture. The graphs are in numerical order as they appear in the Axe II.

The file (1.9 MB) can be downloaded here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55208512/Axe II Graphs RevB.pdf

Enjoy.

Keith

Sir, mere words cannot express my sincere gratitude ;)

Thank you for sharing this!

I have updated the PDF in the OP to make the correction to one of the IR graphs that was mistakenly credited to Redwirez and not to Ownhammer.

My apologies again to Kevin for the the error.

Thanks,
Keith

No harm, no foul. My only reason for chiming in was in the spirit of informational correctness where I could be of use, nothing more. :)

This is very useful. This kind of visual reference really helps me to understand better what my ears are hearing. I would say Fractal would do well to put this up on their website with the manual download. Thanks for sharing your work!

Trying to get my head around how this relates to the Speaker page of the AxeFx II amp block.

Would I tweak the Speaker page parameters to try and make the Speaker page monitor graph look like the graphs posted here?

Richard

Trying to get my head around how this relates to the Speaker page of the AxeFx II amp block.

Would I tweak the Speaker page parameters to try and make the Speaker page monitor graph look like the graphs posted here?

Richard
That's a really good question.

Richard

No. You worry too much.... :)
You can leave the Resonance parameters alone. Things will still sound good. Maybe not as good as when those params are tweaked optimally, but still good.
Or if you tweak, just do it by ear.

No. You worry too much.... :)
You can leave the Resonance parameters alone. Things will still sound good. Maybe not as good as when those params are tweaked optimally, but still good.
Or if you tweak, just do it by ear.

:)

I usually don't even touch them.

It would be nice if there was a tool that would connect to the cab and the Axe and does the analysis to tell you the optimum setup. What our ears tell us can surely be translated to I/O terms. It is almost like having an oscillator for the signal and you adjust visually to achieve a certain curve. Dang it, I should have paid attention in college!

It would be nice if there was a tool that would connect to the cab and the Axe and does the analysis to tell you the optimum setup. What our ears tell us can surely be translated to I/O terms. It is almost like having an oscillator for the signal and you adjust visually to achieve a certain curve. Dang it, I should have paid attention in college!

That would be nice but until then (if it ever would happen) I wanted a quick reference document that gave some visual to what I was hearing - hence the PDF so I could print it and keep it handy when programming.

Keith

I just started research about the Cabs in my AFX2 and found the frequency response curve thread for the Gen1 and wondered if that has already been done for the Cabs in the II.

So I suppose someone should make this a STICKY!

Thank you very much ;)

Back
Top Bottom