Update Amps Freeze

lucbl3

Hello everyone. Whenever I press update amp all presets, it does it until the end of the progress bar, then my AxeFx XL (firmware 15.06) just freezes and I have to turn power off and back on. Anyone having the same issue? A bug maybe?

EDIT: it freezes but it works, resets all amp advanced parameters to default. But I still think this is a bug.

Last edited:
I've erased everything in my AxeFx and reloaded the Firmware. It now works. Of course, now my Axefx is completely empty, so i'll post again after i reload eveything back again.

I have the exact same issue. I've updated firmware 3 times and went from 18b to 18.01 and now 18.03. Can no longer update amps/presets because it freezes. Can no longer backup via fractalbot. it freezes 20% in. Can perform a successful backup via front panel. Now I will wipe all presets and see what happens i guess..

Ok so I've resolved it by restoring factory presets bank A from front panel. It now all works. I then restored user presets bank a and we're back to the same problem. So its clearly a preset thats causing this. Not sure which one so I guess I'll have to restore a bunch at a time in blocks of 10 to try and narrow this down.

There's no need to run that.

Let me clarify, my initial issue was that backing up presets from Fractal Bot was freezing.
In an attempt to try and dig myself out of that hole I decided to do the update amps/presets thing but no difference, same behaviour (also freezes)

I'm still working on it. Using Axe Manage Presets I've restored up to 80 and the unit works. I decided to carve off a bigger chunk and do 20 more and backups and update/amps (which i have no need to run) freezes. Hoping to figure out which preset has all of a sudden caused this. :)

Well, I just narrowed down which one was causing this. Preset 99 and its blank! I can't even scroll past it with the value wheel and the axe freezes.

Back
Top Bottom