Update 10.10 gain issue

Used Fractal-Bot to update to 10.10 and now all patches sound different. Like the input stage is getting slammed. Lot of patches are clipping now. Any advice would be appreciated.

If the amps you have problems with are the Usa lead, or fryette deliverance or the Ods or the Carol ann's, then set the new controll "Overdrive" in the preamp tab in the amp block to 8.00.USE THE FRONT PANEL!

This new controll is NOT in Axe edit.

The new"Input drive" in the preamp tab is exactly the same as the old "Drive".

I've actually found a benefit to this new setup. Easier to do Van Halen, or more "pushed tubes" tone. Still messing with it but I think it is a great thing to have.

jeppekristoffer....I saw your post in another section. Thanks for the heads up about the input drive. It was actually on preset 370 Marks HBE and the input was at 8+. Is this going to be on every preset? The amp I used was the PVY 6160 block. Anyway....thanks. Will check out more tomorrow. Old and tired.

jeppekristoffer....I saw your post in another section. Thanks for the heads up about the input drive. It was actually on preset 370 Marks HBE and the input was at 8+. Is this going to be on every preset? The amp I used was the PVY 6160 block. Anyway....thanks. Will check out more tomorrow. Old and tired.

Only on the usa leads, ryette deliverance, the Ods and the Carol ann's.

Your welcome!

I use the AXE FX II with the MFC-101. I mainly play at home working on improvisation with the drive on and the flanger on, with the following patches straight out of the box with no other changes. I play into the Yamaha DSR-115
029: CAE 3+SE Lead
036: FAS Lead 2
037: FAS Modern
021: Euro Uber

I have noticed going to 10.10 audio artifacts and noise with no playing and at low volume with the guitar muted, that were not there in 10.09.

I love the tones in 10.10 and because of that not worth going back to 10.09 for me.

IMHO

I use the AXE FX II with the MFC-101. I mainly play at home working on improvisation with the drive on and the flanger on, with the following patches straight out of the box with no other changes. I play into the Yamaha DSR-115
029: CAE 3+SE Lead
036: FAS Lead 2
037: FAS Modern
021: Euro Uber

I have noticed going to 10.10 audio artifacts and noise with no playing and at low volume with the guitar muted, that were not there in 10.09.

I love the tones in 10.10 and because of that not worth going back to 10.09 for me.

IMHO

Impossible. The audio processing was not changed. The amp algorithm is identical.

Thanks Cliff ... interesting. I was dinking with the WAH ... I thought that I tuned it off by switching presets ... maybe not.

@ice: to go back to 10.09, just use the Bot to upload it to the Axe. There's no actual "roll back" feature...

Back
Top Bottom