Up The Irons

Alex EShadow

Inspired
The new JMP-1 lends itself perfectly to Maiden renditions, so here's my version of The Evil That Men Do.

I didn't save any patches unfortunatelly, but here's the technical details:

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Studio (right channel), Sterling JP-100D (leads and left channel)
Amp: Axe-FX 2 Mark II FW Quantum 1.0, JMP-1 and Brit 800 models, Cabs are OwnHammer's G2 Marshall with chinese V30s.

What do you think of the playing and the tones? How can I improve it? Any feedback is welcome! :)

Alex

Last edited:
Sounds fantastic. If I had to give any criticism Id say the vocal sounds a little too dry in the mix but its a great performance. Bruce Dickinson is a hard target to hit and this rocked. Playing and tones are rock solid.

What do you think of the playing and the tones? How can I improve it? Any feedback is welcome! :)
The tone is pretty good, but IMO suits better for older, more vintage Maiden records. It should work really well with Beast/Mind/Powerslave era tracks. On the Seventh Son album they used more effects (chorus and delay in particular). But you definitely have a good base tone to develop :)

Sounds fantastic. If I had to give any criticism Id say the vocal sounds a little too dry in the mix but its a great performance. Bruce Dickinson is a hard target to hit and this rocked. Playing and tones are rock solid.

Backing track already had drums + bass + vocals, couldn't really do much about the dry vocals, although since the guy sings so good I thought it didn't really matter that it was so much "in your face" though.

Thanks for the compliments on tone and playing ;)

The tone is pretty good, but IMO suits better for older, more vintage Maiden records. It should work really well with Beast/Mind/Powerslave era tracks. On the Seventh Son album they used more effects (chorus and delay in particular). But you definitely have a good base tone to develop :)

Yeah totally. I'm not really a big fan of their effects heavy tone on Seventh Son though, so I figured I'd stick to the classic stuff. Will give it a shot next time though, who knows :)

Back
Top Bottom