• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Up The Irons

Alex EShadow

Inspired
The new JMP-1 lends itself perfectly to Maiden renditions, so here's my version of The Evil That Men Do.

I didn't save any patches unfortunatelly, but here's the technical details:

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Studio (right channel), Sterling JP-100D (leads and left channel)
Amp: Axe-FX 2 Mark II FW Quantum 1.0, JMP-1 and Brit 800 models, Cabs are OwnHammer's G2 Marshall with chinese V30s.

What do you think of the playing and the tones? How can I improve it? Any feedback is welcome! :)

Alex

Last edited:

xbearxau

Regular
Sounds fantastic. If I had to give any criticism Id say the vocal sounds a little too dry in the mix but its a great performance. Bruce Dickinson is a hard target to hit and this rocked. Playing and tones are rock solid.

kavoo

Inspired
What do you think of the playing and the tones? How can I improve it? Any feedback is welcome! :)
The tone is pretty good, but IMO suits better for older, more vintage Maiden records. It should work really well with Beast/Mind/Powerslave era tracks. On the Seventh Son album they used more effects (chorus and delay in particular). But you definitely have a good base tone to develop :)

Alex EShadow

Inspired
Sounds fantastic. If I had to give any criticism Id say the vocal sounds a little too dry in the mix but its a great performance. Bruce Dickinson is a hard target to hit and this rocked. Playing and tones are rock solid.
Backing track already had drums + bass + vocals, couldn't really do much about the dry vocals, although since the guy sings so good I thought it didn't really matter that it was so much "in your face" though.

Thanks for the compliments on tone and playing ;)

Alex EShadow

Inspired
The tone is pretty good, but IMO suits better for older, more vintage Maiden records. It should work really well with Beast/Mind/Powerslave era tracks. On the Seventh Son album they used more effects (chorus and delay in particular). But you definitely have a good base tone to develop :)
Yeah totally. I'm not really a big fan of their effects heavy tone on Seventh Son though, so I figured I'd stick to the classic stuff. Will give it a shot next time though, who knows :)

Top Bottom