UP/Down Switches and program changes?

shawngs

Is it possible to make the Up/Down switches send program changes? ie. starts on PC 0, push UP and it sends PC 1, push up again and it sends PC 2....? I'm trying to get my midi gear to step through presets. If anyone knows how to do it either on the controller or using MFC-Edit then please let me know!

Is that clear as mud?

Thanks for the link. I've had it set to Bank Size 0 since i wanted 17 IA switches. I'm hoping that the Up/Down can send Program change messages to my Pod HD Pro. (I don't have an Axe FX :( yet...)

ANSWER:

Ok, I figured it out. Using MFC-Edit, On the Presets & Ext. Devs tab, for each preset you have to select the Midi Channel that your device is on and then put the Program Change Number that you want to send when the preset loads.

Presets.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think you have to do that. It should already send out the right preset message by default. Unless you want preset 2 on the MFC to choose preset 37 or whatever on the pod.

It's possible theres another way but for me it wouldn't change programs until I specified. My presets are 1:1 so theres no funky skipping around or anything. Thank you for your help though. I really appreciate your time.

Back
Top Bottom