Unwanted Ring Mod sounds when playing double stops

For example, when I play the intro for 1901 by Phoenix with a similar tone used in the recording. I get a bad ring mod like sound.... Any ideas?

many amps actually do this. what amp model are you using? it's probably accurate.

Check out my post: What's the advantage of AC Power Supply Type and Ghost Notes?
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-ac-power-supply-type-and-ghost-notes.130281/

Try setting the Amp Block's Power Supply Type to DC.
Ghost notes happen when playing single notes. It's intermodulation distortion but between the note and the power supply ripple.

Double-stops produce intermodulation distortion between the two notes. As you bend the lower note up you'll hear the intermod tone go down (f2 - f1 goes down).

Ghost notes happen when playing single notes. It's intermodulation distortion but between the note and the power supply ripple.

Double-stops produce intermodulation distortion between the two notes. As you bend the lower note up you'll hear the intermod tone go down (f2 - f1 goes down).
Any way to make it less noticeable ?

Any way to make it less noticeable ?

it's not amp specific, anything that adds gain to the signal will highlight the sub harmonics of whatever is getting distorted. if u distorted your DI and played the same thing you'd hear the same thing.

just use less gain, or you could bring up the low filter on the cab block. the country studio wizards do double stops all day but with that crystal clear Nashville telecaster clean, if they played those same licks through a Marshall half stack there would be sub harmonics below the bassist's register.

if you're really a fretboard ninja you can play one note of the double stop a little softer than the other and it won't get to oscillating as much, hit one note and just brush the other one

Back
Top Bottom