Unofficial MFC-101 update from NAMM -updated again 1/29/2010

Scott Peterson said:
I so want that little MFC-101. I do. :D

Sweet!

Are there any initial specs on it? Like a built in expression pedal or anything? What's the advantage over, say, a Ground Control Pro?

Thank you!!!

RayRay said:
Scott Peterson said:
I so want that little MFC-101. I do. :D

Sweet!

Are there any initial specs on it? Like a built in expression pedal or anything? What's the advantage over, say, a Ground Control Pro?

Thank you!!!

Scattered across the forum there are lots of bits of information; but I don't have the specs at hand. No built in expression pedal, but it'll support 4 from the controller. It will both send and receive from the Axe-FX so it'll have tuner and preset names in snyc with the Axe-FX. It's going to have tri-color LED's to show you what is available in your preset and what state it is in. It has a big bright led screen and is the same size as my Rocktron All Access. It has a few more switches than my All Access. It's black. (You can tell I'm a big techie by now I bet. LOL.)

Scott Peterson said:
RayRay said:
[quote="Scott Peterson":1niwf6c9]I so want that little MFC-101. I do. :D

Sweet!

Thank you!!!

Scattered across the forum there are lots of bits of information; but I don't have the specs at hand. No built in expression pedal, but it'll support 4 from the controller. It will both send and receive from the Axe-FX so it'll have tuner and preset names in snyc with the Axe-FX. It's going to have tri-color LED's to show you what is available in your preset and what state it is in. It has a big bright led screen and is the same size as my Rocktron All Access. It has a few more switches than my All Access. It's black. (You can tell I'm a big techie by now I bet. LOL.)[/quote:1niwf6c9]

Ha! Well, yes... compared to what could have been a "It's black and it's cool" response ;)

Actually, that does sound pretty awesome. \m/ !!!!!

Now I just need to get my Axe-FX first. I'm working on it....

Scott Peterson said:
RayRay said:
[quote="Scott Peterson":79rog4e1]I so want that little MFC-101. I do. :D

Sweet!

Thank you!!!

Scattered across the forum there are lots of bits of information; but I don't have the specs at hand. No built in expression pedal, but it'll support 4 from the controller. It will both send and receive from the Axe-FX so it'll have tuner and preset names in snyc with the Axe-FX. It's going to have tri-color LED's to show you what is available in your preset and what state it is in. It has a big bright led screen and is the same size as my Rocktron All Access. It has a few more switches than my All Access. It's black. (You can tell I'm a big techie by now I bet. LOL.)[/quote:79rog4e1]

3 color LED's??
Damn, I think I read Cliff saying that it'll be one color only for switches and no blue for display.
I mean, that's not damn, that's goooood, it's good to be wrong. :D

3 color LED's??
Damn, I think I read Cliff saying that it'll be one color only for switches and no blue for display.

My memory sez.. bi-colored LED above each switch, (not tri), and no 'blue' option for the transflective LCD Display. We'll know soon enough! I'd love to be wrong too, if it's in our favor.

Do you guys think that it will automatically map to the Axe-Fx. It would be cool if there is a tuner, tap tempo, drive etc... buttons that would auto map to the corresponding parameters in the Axe-Fx (maybe this is the whole point). I would think a minor software update could make this happen. Otherwise, what is the advantage of getting this over say the Liquid Foot or Gordius controllers? The reason I ask is I need a controller and am trying to figure out the advantage of this controller and if it is worth the wait.

Thanks for your help!

Robboman said:
3 color LED's??

My memory sez.. bi-colored LED above each switch, (not tri), and no 'blue' option for the transflective LCD Display. We'll know soon enough! I'd love to be wrong too, if it's in our favor.

Bi-colored, you mean 2, green and yellow perhaps?

Jerry K. said:
Do you guys think that it will automatically map to the Axe-Fx. It would be cool if there is a tuner, tap tempo, drive etc... buttons that would auto map to the corresponding parameters in the Axe-Fx (maybe this is the whole point). I would think a minor software update could make this happen. Otherwise, what is the advantage of getting this over say the Liquid Foot or Gordius controllers? The reason I ask is I need a controller and am trying to figure out the advantage of this controller and if it is worth the wait.

Thanks for your help!

Yeah, I guess many functions will be automatically mapped, at least tuner and tap tempo.
Not sure how it's gonna be done with effect blocks but considering huge number of IAs
I believe there'll be a mode that hooks certain IA to certain block automatically.
Try watching these clips for more info.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9757&start=0&hilit=MFC+101+video

Wish in one hand and crap in another....see which gets filled 1st.

I am amazed this thing hasn't surfaced yet! AMAZING..................... :oops:

Tremonti said:
Wish in one hand and crap in another....see which gets filled 1st.

I am amazed this thing hasn't surfaced yet! AMAZING..................... :oops:

Just remember to wash the crap off your hands before you eat.

Robboman said:
I keep thinking of that old Dire Straits tune with Sting singing in the intro..

"I want my... I want my MFC.."

http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/s/Money ... ing/1eJPmH

:lol:

"Waiting list for nothin'... Chicks for free..."

"Get on the waiting list for nothin'... And your chicks for free."

"I want my!!! I want my!!! I want my MFC!!!"

waiting-in-line.jpg

I was going through some old emails and saw I've been on the unofficial waiting list since July 2008. I've been wanting one more than ever now and I'm sure it's getting closer based on it's sort of unveiling at NAMM but I have to admit, I'm truly losing patience waiting for it and am leaning more and more towards the Liquid Foot Pro every day. Believe me, I appreciate everything Cliff does and continues to do, just the updates alone are priceless, and I am one of the true Axe lovers but even I'm losing faith the MFC will ever see the light of day.

Josh O said:
leaning more and more towards the Liquid Foot Pro every day.

You know as soon as you buy the LFPro the MFC will drop..

So quit making the rest of us wait on the MFC and buy your LFPro already :lol:

PlaysARobin said:
Josh O said:

I, too, believe this to be true.

browlett said:
Robboman said:
I keep thinking of that old Dire Straits tune with Sting singing in the intro..

"I want my... I want my MFC.."

http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/s/Money ... ing/1eJPmH

:lol:

"Waiting list for nothin'... Chicks for free..."

"Get on the waiting list for nothin'... And your chicks for free."

"I want my!!! I want my!!! I want my MFC!!!"

waiting-in-line.jpg

LOL, this cracked me up :lol:

But seriously we need an official update from FAS on the MFC-101 :evil:

jr213 said:
PlaysARobin said:
Josh O said:

I, too, believe this to be true.

You guys are probably right! I think for the better good of the Axe community, everyone who wants the MFC to drop, everyone should chip in and buy me a Liquid Foot Pro!!! MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :lol: :mrgreen: :p

Back
Top Bottom