Unofficial First Impressions Thread

So tonight I recorded a little clip with my AX8 using a patch that I thought sounded pretty massive. I decided to duplicate the patch on the AXE III just to see if I could hear any difference. ... just... wow... to me, it’s like the difference between streaming a song you love vs listening to an actual CD of the same song. The basic sound is still there (which sounds great), but the III gives you this added tonal depth that feels nonlinear, three dimensional, and extremely responsive. It compresses when you dig in and stays crystal clear and articulate when you play lighter. Holding out a big chord gives you this swirling harmonic movement that’s just fantastic. Simply put, it feels more alive.
It would be nice to hear such comparison ;)

757-760 MAR-CB LYN , theres a 57, 84 rear, 121 and U78, BY own hammer

THANKS !

Yeah ..., the spreadsheet is definitely "off" .... It lists ....

0750 - 0770 - 2x12 Bludo ASW - Based on a Bludotone open “Oval Back” cab, loaded with a pair of special Bludotone-designed KTS-style Austin Speaker Works speakers.

THANKS !

Yeah ..., the spreadsheet is definitely "off" .... It lists ....

0750 - 0770 - 2x12 Bludo ASW - Based on a Bludotone open “Oval Back” cab, loaded with a pair of special Bludotone-designed KTS-style Austin Speaker Works speakers.
I haven’t seen the spreadsheet, but remember that the III has TWO separate factory banks each with 1024 cabs, divided by less or more than 2 speakers

Any chance there could be a display option called 'macular degeneration' that enlarges all the text and help us old buggers read it? That would be really handy.
Thanks
Pauly

Rex and Justin have done a nice articulation of what I have first heard in my initial noodling , I can add that the improved noise floor really seems to help that open , clearer thing, There are just a few new surprises I’ve discovered so far in the factory presets, most of which are from the earlier FW with some tweaks, but not as many examples of multiple scenes/channels as I would have hoped, but then Again I’m at the very start of my investigation . I did importvia fractalbot the several presets in the new thread started by @austinbuddy for New user III presets, and the 3 by him and one by @Mark Day are well worth checking out, with more to come I’m sure..the aXe change is not yet ready to accommodate the new presets apparently. I haven’t tried to build one of my own yet, prolly tomorrow . Navigation isn’t bad but not the best for aging eyes and fingers ..I am anxious for the Edit to be certain. All in all , pretty cool box so far....

So tonight I recorded a little clip with my AX8 using a patch that I thought sounded pretty massive. I decided to duplicate the patch on the AXE III just to see if I could hear any difference. ... just... wow... to me, it’s like the difference between streaming a song you love vs listening to an actual CD of the same song. The basic sound is still there (which sounds great), but the III gives you this added tonal depth that feels nonlinear, three dimensional, and extremely responsive. It compresses when you dig in and stays crystal clear and articulate when you play lighter. Holding out a big chord gives you this swirling harmonic movement that’s just fantastic. Simply put, it feels more alive.

You're killing me! I was perfectly happy with my AX8...

First impressions:
- It's sooo quiet! Like, silent.
- Front panel looks better in person than in promo pics
- Screen is eye catching
- I/O (over USB) is amazingly flexible

First impressions:
- It's sooo quiet! Like, silent.
- Front panel looks better in person than in promo pics
- Screen is eye catching
- I/O (over USB) is amazingly flexible

Front panel is really hard to photograph. We had to Photoshop the crap out of the photo to get anything even usable. There's a lot of dynamic range and the cameras can't capture it.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha screen plastic. TAKE IT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just started playing with a fella that has a helix floor model I noticed he had extra tape on his screen film gasp. I asked whats the story his answer was waterproofing.

Back
Top Bottom