FM9 unix-guy's random jams

Right on I love the Texas Star Amp
I don’t believe I’ve tried the
Sunrise Splendor. Is this one of Austin buddies? Or Fractal’s
That's a fairly new Drive type.

In the new Axe Fx firmware, there is also a second version of it. Based on the JHS Morning Glory.

Awesome I’ll check it out thanks for that info. I’ve been working on the jam room still unpacking box’s from when we moved in.
I’ve been paying attention to everyone and haven’t loaded the new Fw yet.

Awesome I’ll check it out thanks for that info. I’ve been working on the jam room still unpacking box’s from when we moved in.
I’ve been paying attention to everyone and haven’t loaded the new Fw yet.
You got your house finished?

Almost the kitchen cabinet’s have been installed, waiting on two doors and one more cabinet and the installers said they will have it done we are sure ready! Painted the kitchen today. Then the plumbers have to do there thing. All we have is a wash sink in the laundry room. Better than nothing. :)

Hopefully things can get back to normal. I’m sure tired of working on everything. And really want to spend more time playing.
And all this crazy weather needs to just cut it out the wife will be super happy for a little normal she’s a trooper. 🙂

I was noodling with some 80's inspired chorus and found a neat little melody.

Later, I came up with a chord sequence which wasn't intended to be related but they actually fit quite nicely together.

Unlike my typical posts, I wasn't able to play thru my speakers so I had to fire up Pro Tools.

I first recorded about 90 seconds of the loop I created on a stereo track then came back and added the lead guitar on another stereo track.

The "percussion" is just noises made on the guitar as overdubs when I created the loop.

After listening a few times, I realized there is a bit of a Satch nod in the melody... But, hey, I have listened to a lot of Satch!

I may work on this with the band and see where it goes.

I was noodling with some 80's inspired chorus and found a neat little melody.

Later, I came up with a chord sequence which wasn't intended to be related but they actually fit quite nicely together.

Unlike my typical posts, I wasn't able to play thru my speakers so I had to fire up Pro Tools.

I first recorded about 90 seconds of the loop I created on a stereo track then came back and added the lead guitar on another stereo track.

The "percussion" is just noises made on the guitar as overdubs when I created the loop.

After listening a few times, I realized there is a bit of a Satch nod in the melody... But, hey, I have listened to a lot of Satch!

I may work on this with the band and see where it goes.

Holy unconscious influence, Batman!

I just realized that the rhythmic pulse and picking pattern of the chords is also Satch-based...

Both parts The chords are in the vein of Always With Me Always With You, one of my favorite tracks and the melody is reminiscent of Rubina.

Oh, well, what are you going to do? Steal from the best, right?

Edited to properly credit my pilfering!

Last edited:
Both parts are in the vein of Always With Me Always With You, one of my favorite tracks.
I heard that right away...

But nope, the melody is from Rubina...

If it sounds weird, it's because both have different time signatures... 🥸

Good luck in your legal battles... ;)

Last edited:
I heard that right away...

But nope, the melody is from Rubina...

If it sounds weird, it's because both have different time signatures... 🥸

Good luck in your legal battles... ;)

Ah, yes, correct!

I'm a sucker for the ballads :)

Back