Wish Universal Parameter INC/DEC within ALL Blocks & Cabs Using MIDI

Ugly Bunny

Power User
Well, since I already got my wish answered for inc/dec of presets with Cliff answering "on my to-do list for today" (OMG so awesome!), I figured I'd get greedy.

I would like there to be inc/dec MIDI options for ALL blocks and options within blocks.

For instance, because Helix treats IRs as a parameter, in the pedal edit mode you can play using your hands and just tap a foot switch that scrolls through the IR bank as well as any parameter in the preset. The expression pedal works the same but faster, since the entire range is at the sweep of its range. This is super handy when comparing IRs or setting other parameters.

Since I know this would be impossibly tedious to implement on EVERY block & parameter, there should be a Setup > MIDI subsection/page titled "INC/DEC," where you would have the ability to set the channel for INC and DEC of the currently selected (in the case of Axe Edit; the parameter with the little line of ants around the parameter) or last selected (on the unit iself) parameter of the current block. There would also be another option for INC/DEC amount since some parameters can be dialed in to the thousandth decimal point. "Smart" could be an option that would automatically increase the parameter by 1 in areas like Drive Type or IR, and by 0.10 in parameters like Input Gain or EQ slider settings.

The Preset and Scene INC/DEC settings could live in this menu as well.

This means that I can easily audition cabs without taking my hand of my guitar as well as preamp tubes, bright caps, or even amps, drives, and chorus pedals.

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom