Unity gain on input volume?

gdgross

Experienced
I've been running my input (1) volume at about 2 o'clock for all of my guitars. I understand that this controls the analog level to the A/D converters in the front end of the axe.

Just curious what the theoretical unity gain setting is for that control. As in, what level should I set the input 1 volume at so that the digitized guitar signal is the same dB as the analog guitar signal I'm sending to the axe. So that the amp models, stomp boxes, etc. overdrive and compress at the same spot their real-world counterparts would.

I know, use my ears. I do. Just would like to know what others are doing.

depends on the guitar i use - tele is about 2 to 3 oclock - mm steve morse about 1 to 2 oclock - i adjust it so that the red led does not lit very often but sometimes - it´s near the way like cliff said in the old forum (if i remember correctly)

I run my semi home made Strato (passive single coils) into the front input, but it doesn't clip the input even with the control pegged...

claudel said:
I run my semi home made Strato (passive single coils) into the front input, but it doesn't clip the input even with the control pegged...
some don't. a few of Cliff's don't. a few of Jay's don't. not to worry. (I think they've been strats in all cases, IIRC.)

godprobe said:
claudel said:
some don't. a few of Cliff's don't. a few of Jay's don't. not to worry. (I think they've been strats in all cases, IIRC.)

I'm not worried. It sounds great...

I've had it for three weeks and I still need to try it with my Tele... :roll:

Back
Top Bottom