Unit hang up (Blank Screen and only crackles out of my monitors)

gin

Inspired
Well Title says it all :/

I Updated to FW 8 via Axe Edit (latest Version) .. after the progress bar has reached 100% the Screen went blank .. After Rebooting everything was ok (utility showed FW8) and so i started editing my presets via Axe Edit. After Half an Hour Screen went blank and only Crackles no reaction to everything. a reboot fixed it.

Is this an Axe Edit, FW8 or problem with my unit :/ ? also should i reinstall FW8 although utility shows FW succesfully loaded because of that blank screen issue while installing ?

What preset where you on? I have an issue with preset 118 and others. When it land on it the unit freezes up and screen goes blank. A reboot clears it but you have to scroll the wheel to get past the bad preset.
May or may not be related.
I went back to preset 118 and it happened again so I cleared out the preset and created a new one in that spot and no more hangs. Must be corrupt preset.

While updating to 8.0 as soon as it finished loading my screen went blank and I had no sound. I eventually redid 8.0 and with no success I turned it off for about 15 min and when I turned it on again it seemed to work but I'm not sure what the issue was.

@ckofahl: seems to be the same issue on my unit.

@DaveP: nope it happend after changing a preset via axe edit (trying to reproduce it but no hang up this time) so i guess its axe edit related .. just curious how axe edit can kill the axe via midi commands ;)

I got is sorted out. Mine was a unit problem. It was just delivered and most likely caused by shipping. Most have taken an impact along the way. I am getting a replacement unit.
Fractal Support is excellent.

I'm also having freeze ups on firmware 8, but no crackles...just blank screen and no sound. Reboot fixes it. I've had it happen a few times on preset 24 Friedman HBE. I didn't have Axe-Edit open at all other than when I used it to apply the update. The first freeze up happened with the MFC101 connected via Cat5. I took that out of the equation and it froze up again. I finally pulled the USB cable and rebooted and it hasn't frozen yet for a few hours now. Next step I'll try to reconnect USB and reboot the computer as well.

Is anyone else seeing this with preset 24 while connected to USB? Mine seems to reproduce it fairly consistently within about 20-30 minutes or so.

Just experienced this, happened the 2nd time for me now. Blank screen, screeches into monitors, my GTR was not even plugged in and axe-edit was off, was using it 30mins ago but turned it off. Basically left the axefx 2 on its own there and it just hanged...

its an axe edit problem. my unit hang up severall times in combination with axe edit but never ever without using it ^^

@xfigox: did u try if the unit operated internally well? blank screen or any other screen issues doestn meen the unit hang up. my axe had blank screen severall times (which is a faulty cable -> contact support) but sound, midi switching and others just work fine "in the background"

The sound was unbearable so the first thing I did was to switch it off. I tried leaving the axefx on for about ~30mins afterwards and no hanging, I might just test it again today for a longer duration to see if it happens again.

Encountered the same bug today. This issue seems to be related to the USB connection.
Note: I never used Axe Edit nor do I have it installed. All I have on my machine is the official drivers on the website to allow audio-over-USB.

When USB is plugged into the AXE-II, every like 10-15 seconds the display flickers once (I noticed it might be the fractal logo).
After like 30-45 minutes, the AXE crashes with a blank screen.

As the crash seems to be time-based, I assume it has to be a memory problem (data leaking, taking up more and more memory? I don't know, really).

Back
Top Bottom