Wish Unified ABCDE double-press (add to block edit view)

yyz67

Fractal Fanatic
I love and appreciate the new UI enhancements in 17!

WISH: make ABCDE double-press functionality unified across all pages/modes (incl. in block edit view)

Analysis: While double-pressing ABCDE in Home / Layout views jumps to block edit screen as expected, in the Block Edit view it doesn't with the side-effect of an 'accidental' double-press invoking two of the single-press functions (e.g. Channel +).

EDIT: Additionally, double-press ideally should find the lowest numbered block for whichever type, for example if there is no DRV1 but there is only DRV4 in grid, edit DRV4.

Last edited:
Seems like a sensible change. I think the new shortcuts would be super useful in that view as well because you might be jumping between say amp and cab block when initially setting those up so having that fast access would be great if next/previous block function does not do it for you.

Bump.

I also recently noticed that if "block 1" of AMP, DRV, CAB, DLY, REV isn't in the grid but 2,3,4 is, double-press doesn't go there. Ideally double-press would find the lowest numbered block for whichever type, e.g. if no DRV1 but DRV4 in grid, edit DRV4.

Bump.

I also recently noticed that if "block 1" of AMP, DRV, CAB, DLY, REV isn't in the grid but 2,3,4 is, double-press doesn't go there. Ideally double-press would find the lowest numbered block for whichever type, e.g. if no DRV1 but DRV4 in grid, edit DRV4.
Definitely. I think the functionality should be something like this, using Block as a generic concept here, it could be e.g. Amp, Drive etc:
  • If Block1 found -> go to Block1.
  • If no Block1 found -> go to next Block found (e.g. Block2, Block3).
  • If editing Block1 already, doubleclick of that block type's shortcut goes to next instance of Block e.g. Block2. So if editing Amp1, doubleclick A goes to Amp2. That way you could also cycle through different blocks of the same type.

Back
Top Bottom