unexpected ngd, I bought an Ibanez?

lessthanone

Inspired
posted this on rig talk so I thought I would bring it over here
Well, was a gc this morning visiting a friend of mine and saw this beast. Ive been eyeballing these for years but could never get over that $4500 tag. Well, a deal and a half came up and we worked out a trade and she came home! It really is an amazing guitar. I can honestly say though, throughout all the years Ive been playing I would have never thought I'd buy an Ibanez lol. Played, sounded, felt and smoked the HELL out of my EVH so away it went. Brand spanking new! Its been a while since Ive bought an actual new guitar. Have another nod incoming too

Time to update the sig? :D

Beautiful guitar.

I've never been an Ibanez fan, but that's probably due to the fact I've never played a high end one. That thing is drop dead sexy.

Happy NGD! I've never been a fan of Ibanez because everyone I've ever picked up, the necks feels so thin that they are uncomfortable to me. Still that is a nice looking fiddle! I'd probably own an ibby if they made thicker necks :)

That's all kinds of yummy! Just bought an RG3521 and dropped some black battle worn aftermaths in it myself!. Love the finish on your guitar though mate.

That's not just an Ibanez but, a J. Custom. Those guitars represent the pinnacle of the Ibanez brand and they are incredible instruments.

Congrats!

These truly are very good guitars, no doubt and yes, the J. Custom are the top of the top of Ibanez, BUT…..
4500$ is a hell overrated price, they used to be cheaper and more reasonable priced in the past.
I can't understand way a guitar like that, made in Japan will cost like (or more) than a US made SUHR or MM JP BFR Koa top etc.
I'm a big fan of high-end Ibanez guitars, this one is an amazing piece but priced very wrong.
lessthanone, congratulations, it looks amazing!

These truly are very good guitars, no doubt and yes, the J. Custom are the top of the top of Ibanez, BUT…..
4500$ is a hell overrated price, they used to be cheaper and more reasonable priced in the past.
I can't understand way a guitar like that, made in Japan will cost like (or more) than a US made SUHR or MM JP BFR Koa top etc.
I'm a big fan of high-end Ibanez guitars, this one is an amazing piece but priced very wrong.
lessthanone, congratulations, it looks amazing!
Yup, I wouldn't have bought it at $4500, they drop once a year at gc to make way for the new ones but Ive never seen them drop as low as they did this past weekend. Realistically, I feel these would be a great piece at a price point of $3500 new( keep in mind the regular J Custom is $3800 new and Im still not sure of the differences between this one and those) They are more than certainly on par with any Suhr or Anderson Ive had in the past. I also like it better than any ebmm I've had. Im usually able to find a few flaws and things I don't like about a guitar within the first few minutes of getting it home and so far nothing, really liking this one and sounds great with the Axe FX!

Back
Top Bottom