understanding the tone freq parameter

edo

Power User
Vendor
I was messing with this parameter, and noticed that the higher I set it, the more boomy / muddy (i.e. more low mids) the tone - almost like a proximity effect when close mic'ing, while at lower settings the sim sounds more open. So I'm assuming the tone freq sets the center frequency of the tone controls, is that correct?

The ac30tb (which is my main amp sim) defaults at 700hz upon amp block reset, however, if I double click on the parameter, it defaults to 500hz. Just curious to know which would be the authentic value for that specific model..

Don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but in regards to double-clicking a parameter and it resetting to a value, how come parameters reset to some middle value and the not the value of the actual amp model?

Like in OP's example. It would be great to tweak an amp to try out stuff, but double-click on a parameter and go back to the amp model's default state and not the parameter's middle value.

Don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but in regards to double-clicking a parameter and it resetting to a value, how come parameters reset to some middle value and the not the value of the actual amp model?

Like in OP's example. It would be great to tweak an amp to try out stuff, but double-click on a parameter and go back to the amp model's default state and not the parameter's middle value.

+1000

Back
Top Bottom