Uncontrollable Noise using DI out of FX Loop

Antispor

Hello!

I’m new to the forum and joined because I’m having a bit of a frustrating issue. I’m recording guitar parts and sending them to somebody for them to reamp. My recording setup is guitar - AX8 - Scarlett 2i2 - Computer. My AX8 has a processed signal going through the XLR output into the left input of the Scarlett and a DI line going from the FX Loop Out into the right input on the Scarlett 2i2.

The processed signal sounds great, really tight sound with no audible background noise. The DI when reamped is unusable though. In high gain it’s got this uncontrollable hiss. I think this is coming from the signal chain somewhere and is likely in the processed signal but not audible because it’s not being amplified after the fact.

Is there anyone with experience with this? How can I fix it?

Have you tried recording the through the DI without using the AX8?

Maybe something from the 2i2?

Hello!

I’m new to the forum and joined because I’m having a bit of a frustrating issue. I’m recording guitar parts and sending them to somebody for them to reamp. My recording setup is guitar - AX8 - Scarlett 2i2 - Computer. My AX8 has a processed signal going through the XLR output into the left input of the Scarlett and a DI line going from the FX Loop Out into the right input on the Scarlett 2i2.

The processed signal sounds great, really tight sound with no audible background noise. The DI when reamped is unusable though. In high gain it’s got this uncontrollable hiss. I think this is coming from the signal chain somewhere and is likely in the processed signal but not audible because it’s not being amplified after the fact.

Is there anyone with experience with this? How can I fix it?
How specifically are you getting the DI line from the FX Loop out?

Back
Top Bottom