"Unchained" Flanger

Very nice. Can you share preset?
I use scene one for the main rhythm. On the palm mutes where the flanger sweeps down I hit scene 2 and then hit scene 1 to turn it off. For the palm mutes where the flanger sweeps up I hit scene 3 and back to scene 1 to turn it off.

I couldn’t get it to sound right using one flanger block. I’m sure there’s a way but it’s over my head as to how.
So I cheated it and used 2 flanger blocks. One block is set to give the sweep down sound and the other the sweep up sound.

It seems like using two channels or a scene controller on start phase would work for one block. Or you could use two momentary control/other switches as bypass sources, with one also changing LFO start phase. The bypass modifier might need slight damping so the new start phase can take effect before the block engages.

BTW there's no real magic to the alternating sweep direction on the original. The LFO is just running around .425 Hz, roughly 3 cycles every 4 bars. Later in the song the alignment is a bit different and you can hear it reach min/max IIRC. A less repetitive version could use a bypass switch to get the right alignment some time before you actually need the flanger, plus a switch as 0-50% mix modifier.

It seems like using two channels or a scene controller on start phase would work for one block. Or you could use two momentary control/other switches as bypass sources, with one also changing LFO start phase. The bypass modifier might need slight damping so the new start phase can take effect before the block engages.

BTW there's no real magic to the alternating sweep direction on the original. The LFO is just running around .425 Hz, roughly 3 cycles every 4 bars. Later in the song the alignment is a bit different and you can hear it reach min/max IIRC. A less repetitive version could use a bypass switch to get the right alignment some time before you actually need the flanger, plus a switch as 0-50% mix modifier.
That is way over my humble programming skills. LOL!
But if you want to make it I’ll definitely use it!
:)

I just check this preset out ,sounds Great ,turn the pitch up to about 30% and you got drop dead legs:).And there's no delay and it sounds great lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom