Unboxing most powerful floor modeler in the UNIVERSE

Yes, it is real!!

Just to make sure I'm caught up on the real-ness of this...
There is no price...
It's not a product people can order...

Therefore there is no product to order.
And if there was, there will be no support for the product.

Sounds real to me!!!

I love it! It's a crazy and cool one-off custom build and get's my respect.

I've been going on about the idea of a higher-end floor unit for many years. People keep shooting me down saying it will overheat, that's why Fractal won't make one.

I still think something right in-between FM3 and AxeFx-III would be the next logical product. FC12 sized, and around the mid point for price/power.

I, for one, love this! I still don't understand the design choice for the FM3. The Ax8 was great for people that wanted a floor unit and the Axe-FxII was great for those that wanted a rack. How do you go from 11 switches to 3 for the FM3? The FM3 seems like a step backwards from the previous design.

Something doesn't have to be a product or for sale to be real...
And a one-off custom doesn't have to be promoted on a retail gear forum without disclaimers.

Otherwise, you end up with a thread full of people thinking it's a product: asking price, how to get, saying why it won't work as a product, etc.

Last edited:
I love it! It's a crazy and cool one-off custom build and get's my respect.

I've been going on about the idea of a higher-end floor unit for many years. People keep shooting me down saying it will overheat, that's why Fractal won't make one.

I still think something right in-between FM3 and AxeFx-III would be the next logical product. FC12 sized, and around the mid point for price/power.

I imagine that would be way more feasible if we weren't experiencing a global semiconductor shortage.

And a one-off custom doesn't have to be promoted on a retail gear forum without disclaimers.

Otherwise, you end up with a thread full of people thinking it's a product: asking price, how to get, saying why it won't work as a product, etc.
Looking at the unboxing, I believe there must be intention to sell this.
Why make 'packaging' that has a picture of the unit on the cover of it, as well as a 'certificate of authenticity' if it was only for you?

Looking at the unboxing, I believe there must be intention to sell this.
Why make 'packaging' that has a picture of the unit on the cover of it, as well as a 'certificate of authenticity' if it was only for you?

It seems like he may be willing to build it for others, though he would prefer personal interaction with the customer in Belgium.

I messaged him last night on his site asking about prices and he replied within a few hours.
Names Rik, had a nice exchange but he's not sure he wants to make it a product because the warranty issue would be too complicated, since it voids Fractal's warranty and he can't fix their components if anything goes wrong later.
He might be willing to make me one if I was located near him, but he lives in Belgium and I don't :confused:. I didn't press him on pricing.

I'd just be happy if there was an FM3 with more buttons. Yes I've used the OMG9 setup but its not what I need.

Just sell it as a kit, and let the user take the risk. Most of us are out of warranty anyway.

That would be cool. Sell the case, which is the most difficult piece, and the necessary connectors to link the boards, and we DIY at our own risk.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom