Unboxing most powerful floor modeler in the UNIVERSE

That doesn’t mean they aren’t lying. 10 years of gigging out and I’ve never had someone spill a beer on my gear, and I’ve played a lot of gigs, up front on stage, with larger crowds who were dancing and drinking.

Has it happened? Of course. Does it happen as often as people credit it? I think not…
It has happened to me on two occasions. One guy came up and spilled his beer on my 16 channel mixer that was near me on the front of a small stage. Another one was from a college girl who was smashed and was slurring like crazy, spilling beer on my monitor, while saying to my singer, “yer voish ish sho shexual”.

My old band had a house gig that lasted about four years. Three nights a week, every week, for four years. Early on we worked with the owner and bouncers to implement a "no food or drink on the dance floor" policy that was well enforced, and that undoubtably saved us a bit of grief.

That doesn’t mean they aren’t lying. 10 years of gigging out and I’ve never had someone spill a beer on my gear, and I’ve played a lot of gigs, up front on stage, with larger crowds who were dancing and drinking.

Has it happened? Of course. Does it happen as often as people credit it? I think not…
Never underestimate what hammered people are capable of. At one of my gigs a couple who could barely stand were dancing and wiped out. The woman’s head hit my footswitch so hard it triggered the bank-up switch. As usual, I kept going, but as I was singing and playing and looking to see if she was bleeding, another part of my brain was thinking WTF is wrong with my guitar? That’s when I looked at the footswitch screen and saw the bank change…LOL.

Beer on the pedals, yep. Only once. My gear always seems to get messed up when it's new. Like the time a buddy of mine used my brand new LP Silverburst as a backup guitar (we went on after his band) and promptly scratched it up with buckle rash. I was SO pissed.

Of course.

Funny though, haven't heard of tons of disasters with the FM3, Helix Floor, or Kemper Floor. Maybe they've all got serious gaskets, and test underwater ;)

Putting an Axe RACK on the floor is a bit scarier though...

Yea and don't people insure their stuff? I've got insurance on all my gear for accident, damage or theft.

I messaged him last night on his site asking about prices and he replied within a few hours.
Names Rik, had a nice exchange but he's not sure he wants to make it a product because the warranty issue would be too complicated, since it voids Fractal's warranty and he can't fix their components if anything goes wrong later.
He might be willing to make me one if I was located near him, but he lives in Belgium and I don't :confused:. I didn't press him on pricing.

I'd just be happy if there was an FM3 with more buttons. Yes I've used the OMG9 setup but its not what I need.

Need is a creature of invention. ideas like this are what made America Great. to bad we are now going down hill.

I messaged him last night on his site asking about prices and he replied within a few hours.
Names Rik, had a nice exchange but he's not sure he wants to make it a product because the warranty issue would be too complicated, since it voids Fractal's warranty and he can't fix their components if anything goes wrong later.
He might be willing to make me one if I was located near him, but he lives in Belgium and I don't :confused:. I didn't press him on pricing.

I'd just be happy if there was an FM3 with more buttons. Yes I've used the OMG9 setup but its not what I need.
Same here and if he ever decides to move forward with it I told him I'd be interested. I applaud his work. It looks great and gave him what he was looking for. Don't pay attention to the naysayers Rik. It's awesome!

Really? Spectral's BRAND is all over the other stuff. How can this be right?

It's got fractals brand all there prominently too. It's not trying to hide that it's a Fractal device. Not too different than if I built pedalboards complete with pedals, and stuck my name on the board. Or the people that take original NES systems and put them in fancy wooden boxes. Every one of these this guy sells is still an FX III and FC-12 sold by Fractal so it doesn't hurt Fractal's business.

Never underestimate what hammered people are capable of. At one of my gigs a couple who could barely stand were dancing and wiped out. The woman’s head hit my footswitch so hard it triggered the bank-up switch. As usual, I kept going, but as I was singing and playing and looking to see if she was bleeding, another part of my brain was thinking WTF is wrong with my guitar? That’s when I looked at the footswitch screen and saw the bank change…LOL.

You've got to tell us the whole and uncensored story of the woman on your avatar :cool:

What happens when a drunk audience member stumbles up to the stage and pours beer all over you Axe-Fx III/FC12 combination floor unit? Now both combined units are toast.

I’d rather have the Axe-Fx III in the back line away from the audience. That way only my FC12 will be destroyed, sparing the Axe-Fx.
Well I agree. This is why Fractal should build this and make it sealed!!!

I thought when I had the AX8 that I really wanted another floor controller that had more power but I feel much better now having the III and having it safe off to the side where no one can get to it. If something were to happen to the FC12 I could at least replace it pretty quickly. I'm not a pro so having 2 III's and 2 FC12s for me would be overkill for what I do (although I still want that!). lol

Cool idea though for those that want that.

Back
Top Bottom