Unboxing most powerful floor modeler in the UNIVERSE

Yeah, so someone is supposed to trust this "company" enough to send ac Axe FX III and an FC-12 to them, pay some price and this thing gets sent back?

I mean I'd love to see a full capability Axe FX III floor unit with this many buttons, but on heck no on sending my babies off even if it's legit... LoL! 😆

Long ago in a galaxy far away, I took a bunch of mostly MXR pedal circuit boards out of their cases, and built them into a Thing. It had all the controls in a box at waist height, with two supports going down to a box on the floor with footswitches for everything. For the time, it was great.

What happens when a drunk audience member stumbles up to the stage and pours beer all over you Axe-Fx III/FC12 combination floor unit? Now both combined units are toast.

I’d rather have the Axe-Fx III in the back line away from the audience. That way only my FC12 will be destroyed, sparing the Axe-Fx.

What happens when a drunk audience member stumbles up to the stage and pours beer all over you Axe-Fx III/FC12 combination floor unit? Now both combined units are toast.

I’d rather have the Axe-Fx III in the back line away from the audience. That way only my FC12 will be destroyed, sparing the Axe-Fx.

Same here, same reason why my FM3 will be behind me and only the FC6 in front of me

I don't trust people!

Fractal audio makes another sale. Lol

This happened in an old band to our guitarist 3 days after buying a boss GT6......it sounded better afterwards.

Put me off putting anything on the floor that I can't just buy quickly. I can't imagine getting. The drunk guy to give me £2500 for a new Axe Fx3 and £900 for the pedal board then Christ knows what it would cost to have someone change the form factor.

When the Kemper form factor changed, I really wanted one, so practical, but far to risky.

Does look nice the Axe in that form factor though.

I put 6mil clear plastic sheeting over my pedal board to protect it, especially in the winter when snow and slush is everywhere. You never realize how much snow or mud you have on the bottom of your shoes (maybe your wife does ;) ) until you step on your pedal board.

I put 6mil clear plastic sheeting over my pedal board to protect it, especially in the winter when snow and slush is everywhere. You never realize how much snow or mud you have on the bottom of your shoes (maybe your wife does ;) ) until you step on your pedal board.

I have show shoes, made snow (looking at you, north bay sudbury and chicago) much less of an issue. Still a loading danger though lol.

Pretty sure a poll of those who experienced getting a beer/drink spilt on their peddleboard would show a lotta old guys here raising their hands. 🙌

I (kind of) remember gigging a frat party in 1985 …😂

Of course.

Funny though, haven't heard of tons of disasters with the FM3, Helix Floor, or Kemper Floor. Maybe they've all got serious gaskets, and test underwater ;)

Putting an Axe RACK on the floor is a bit scarier though...

Pretty sure a poll of those who experienced getting a beer/drink spilt on their peddleboard would show a lotta old guys here raising their hands. 🙌

I (kind of) remember gigging a frat party in 1985 …😂
That doesn’t mean they aren’t lying. 10 years of gigging out and I’ve never had someone spill a beer on my gear, and I’ve played a lot of gigs, up front on stage, with larger crowds who were dancing and drinking.

Has it happened? Of course. Does it happen as often as people credit it? I think not…

Have had beer spilled on my old school pedal board, but only after the patron drank a lot of it and stumbled around the dance floor for 20 minutes just to puke it up all over my pedal board and the singers shoes. Talk about a buzz kill for a gig...

Back
Top Bottom