Unbearable noise... send help

Wow thanks for the responses guys I have a lot to try. I'm going to get behind my desk tomorrow and start trying some different arrangements. I'll also have a look at the outlet my conditioners are running off of as well. As for the usb thing that was suggested, I'm not on a laptop. Just plugged into the back of my tower. So... everything check out there?
yeah.. you should be fine there. It's pretty well documented that the 12v DC power adapters/converters on laptops can cause noise with attached devices. That's one thing you've ruled out.
As has been mentioned here.. the FIRST thing I would now do, is take my Axe to another location (church, school, etc.), power it up and see if the noise goes away. If it does, you'll know it's the power in your house.

So if being pretty sure, this kind of noise comes from dirty electricity (like in my case), will/can something like a Furman P-1400 AR E or something like a Palmer PLI-01 help already?

You said you have power conditioners in line. My experience is that using a power regulator can fix many of the 'digital' noise or artifacts. Lower voltage can reek havoc on digital units ie; Fractal, Line 6 etc. Playing in many clubs and venues I eliminated the problems with noisy or lower current supplies by using a Furman Regulator/Conditioner as my power supply. Years ago I'd have problems because the stage supply also had the bars blender, the kitchen microwave, the surveillance monitors or some wacky thing on the same circuit. No problemo after the Regulator/Conditioner.

Back
Top Bottom