Unable to connect AX8 Edit to my AX8 pedal unit following update.

Paultergeist

Inspired
Well......I really did not need this problem right now.......
I went to connect my computer (MacBook Pro) to my AX8 floor unit -- as I have done in previous times -- but this time, some sort of error window splashed across the screen, telling me the ensure that I had the right firmware to work with a software update. NOTE that I was not given the option as to IF I wanted to install this software update -- AX8 Edit as I had come to know and use it simply would not mirror the settings on the AX8 unit (although it said "connected" in the upper left corner of the screen, go figure). I tried re-starting everything, but the only option seemed to be to install the update. So....being essentially forced to download and install this update, I now find that tha AX8 and my computer will not connect at all.

Crap. What now?

Start by telling us what versions you had and what versions you updated to now.

“I updated” doesn’t give us information to help you unfortunately.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for jumping in. Somehow, the AX8 Edit is now syncing to the AX8 pedal unit. While this is a good thing, I have no idea what was wrong, and what happened to make it work.

How would I determine the firmware version?

Under help in axe edit and apple about this Mac The older axe edit is 32 bit and the new one runs 64bit for newer Macs

Hi Chris,

Thank you for jumping in. Somehow, the AX8 Edit is now syncing to the AX8 pedal unit. While this is a good thing, I have no idea what was wrong, and what happened to make it work.

How would I determine the firmware version?
when connected, it shows the AX8 firmware version in AX8-Edit on the top left area. on the AX8 hardware, current firmware version is in the Setup>Utility menu.

or you can look in your downloads folder to see what you downloaded. it's always good to know what you're installing, in any computer related device.

usually a computer restart will make things work again, in general when working with computers.

Back
Top Bottom