UltraRes vs NormalRes

Which one UltraRes?

• 0:00-0:17 is UltraRes

Votes: 114 69.1%
  • 0:18-0:36 is UltraRes

Votes: 51 30.9%

• Total voters
On IPAD the first one sounds better...the ends(dead notes) is where i hear a huge difference, first one sound much more natural....and the low and is also better, as i said on ipad.

to me the second clip sounds a bit more dynamic and "alive"
i barely hear an difference though, if, it's audible in the las section of the clips.

i also have to say that the overall tone of that demo is pretty sick dude!!! Oo

The first clip sounds more present in the lower frequencies, so that gets my vote.

And if it is the first clip, then Ultra Res sounds like a game changer. I had a little play around with the freebies in FW 13 and I didn't like them over my Bogner or your Own Mesa Mix. Perhaps because I'm used to that sound.

The next few weeks are going to be really interesting.

If these are the Ultra-Res Petrucci BCSL and SC IR's then I want them!

I just installed the 13 update and URIR (Ultra-Res IR) cabs and I think I still like your two low-res IR's better than the 10 new cabinets we got with the update. The new 10 URIR's sound great but there is something that your IR's have that gives them a clarity that I am not hearing in the new cabinets. Maybe it's that I have found a cabinet that is to my taste and it will be hard for anything else to compare it to?

Bring us your URIR's Clark! Pretty please and Thanks once again... I can clearly hear the difference in your recording.

Aww thanks for the kind words. :) This is actually a GuitarHack IR but it's the Mesa Traditional/Stiletto cab which is also the cab Petrucci uses. These are pretty good but they've been made using a tube power amp so they are pretty scooped. In this clip I'm using a Mark IV but only scooping the 750hz like 3-4dB and I have a balanced tone that way. :)

Now, this is a comparison to my liking! Thanks Clark. I'll take a listen and give my vote, when i get to home later today.

I actually updated my AFXII in the morning and updated some of my GH impulses to ultrares. The GH jj45-half is one of my favourite. So this would be interesting.

First one is Ultra-res.
I'd say, that ultra-res sounds deeper and has beautiful "air" in the highs, which normal-res lacks. I think the difference is noticable, especially when playing and comparing between Ultra- and normal-res.

No clue, guess my ears are getting fatigued with the years...or it is the "beautiful" partition you are playing (what a shit part..). Can't hear any real difference, maybe the difference would be more audible with clean tones ?

I listened to this on the speaker of my iPhone at Starbucks! Lol. Makes it slightly difficult to evaluate sound but I could hear a noticeable difference. I liked the "aliveness" of the first clip although the second is tighter.

I voted "1".

Hey Clark, the original .wav file is 28 ms long (I opened it in Wavelab ; hope I'm reading it well, there's no visible spike after 28 ms), so I guess we're far from the 200 ms possible with ultra res ? Which would explain the subtle differences in both ;) I mean, there's a difference, yes, but so subtle it would get lost in a mix...
however some GuitarHacks IRs are longer. EDGE -1 I Inch ala Sneap pic.wav is 35 ms, Between Straight -10.wav slightly more...

My experience told me that room's reverb always makes things more trebly and exhibit the texture of the overdrive. It's more neat. Now you have the answer. It makes sense when you add your own reverb after, both make it sound bigger, fuller, nicer. Now where are the experts? 75% don't deserv their Axe-Fx and i deserv that cliff switch my Ultra for a II XL because i'm the best tester.

Back
Top Bottom