Ultra Withdrawl

Geezerjohn

Fractal Fanatic
For those of you who sold their Ultra's on ebay and now are in line for the FX-II, I am renting time on my Ultra. Cost is $100 per hour. If you dumped your Ultra for less than $1,500, you can have a discount and play through my Ultra for just $99 per hour. Bring your own guitar and if my wife says, "Turn that thing down" you must comply (just like me). No refunds. If at the end of your hour you refuse to yield the Ultra, well... I live in TX. You figure it out.

Can I just pay you to play it for me?

Certainly. Rates are as follows:
Earplugs $15
Whole notes $1 ea. (additional charge for harmonic feedback)
Half notes $2 ea.
Quarter notes $4 ea.
Eight notes $10 ea.
16th notes $20 ea. discount rates apply above 200bpm
32nd notes $25 ea.
64th notes $10 for the Petrucci CD and a $1 charge for watching me

Any negative comments about my playing... well... I live in TX. You figure it out.

Almost forgot, if you want me to accompany a Barry Manilow song, the rates triple. If you want guitar player facial grimaces those are free. There will be no grimaces available for the Manilow rates.

Last edited:
I have a feeling those that sold their ultras for stupid prices are going to regret it. Weather they admit it or not!

Nice of you to "share" that burden....for a FEE of course...LOL!

I have a feeling those that sold their ultras for stupid prices are going to regret it. Weather they admit it or not!

Nice of you to "share" that burden....for a FEE of course...LOL!

Of course.

I'm thinkin' some already regret it. The FX II sure seems like there are many great improvements for sure. That said, I love my Ultra. It is the best tone machine I ever played through. I suppose I may eventually purchase the FX-II, but for now, I'll keep on enjoying my Ultra.

With regard to the Barry Manilow songs, does that include Copacabana??? That's a pretty snazzy tune you know? LOL! Great post...and I'm one of those that sold for a GOOD price and am desperately missing it! Oh well, I'm a pretty patient dude.

I regret it, but I'll live. I'm just taking it one day at a time. :lol

To be honest for my situation the delay thing is probably a good thing because while I can buy the new AxeFXII, I know that I really shouldn't right now (long complicated, boring, none of your damn business story).

So I'll just let everyone else go in front of me for now since they can't seem to wait.

I did catch myself looking on e-Bay for a good deal on a Standard though.....

Ultra Withdrawl? Is that an AxeFx with a southern accent? The kind you use to play southern rock?

Now that's what I call product diversification...

Ultra Withdrawl? Is that an AxeFx with a southern accent? The kind you use to play southern rock?

Now that's what I call product diversification...

LOL!!! Dang... not bad for a Yankee! I was wonderin' why all my riffs were sounding like Dicky Betts every time I plugged in the the Ultra. By the way, divers ifcation. Is that something that afflicts divers? You being in that uber wet state up there, I figger'd y'all would know about that kindastuff.

Haha this thread is gold!

You should also charge 10$ for a cup of coffee. Or 15.

LOL. Unfortunately, I like Starbucks so at those rates, I'd lose money. Although now that I really think about it, who could play whole notes after a Venti bold? Sounds like the coffee would be a good investment. Tell you what... since it was your idea, I'll split the coffee proceeds with you. Man, talk about cool beans!

Axe FX II,
Bah, who needs double the power, 50 cab IR's, USB.....audio....inter......AAHAHHHHHHH I do I do!
I'm selling my Ultra for $2500, any takers?

Axe FX II,
Bah, who needs double the power, 50 cab IR's, USB.....audio....inter......AAHAHHHHHHH I do I do!
I'm selling my Ultra for $2500, any takers?

I see by your post that you live someplace on Earth. Earth is close to Fort Worth. Sounds like you have a serious jones. After you sell your Ultra, rental time on mine is still available. Coffee bar is extra, but one cannot help but think, and I mean this in the most encouraging way, you really don't need any caffine.

LOL!!! Dang... not bad for a Yankee! I was wonderin' why all my riffs were sounding like Dicky Betts every time I plugged in the the Ultra. By the way, divers ifcation. Is that something that afflicts divers? You being in that uber wet state up there, I figger'd y'all would know about that kindastuff.

Who ya callin' a Yankee, ya stinkin' Texan...?

I'm actually from Arkansas where we hate all Texans because the Razorbacks always lost when they played the Longhorns.... (but, I married a Texan anyway...) :)

I'm actually from Arkansas where we hate all Texans because the Razorbacks always lost when they played the Longhorns.... (but, I married a Texan anyway...) :)

So y'all can't beat our boys so you steal our women? With a great sense of humor like yours, I'm sure she made a good choice. BTW, Longhorns are not actually Texans. A&M are Texans.

My wife, who was sitting with me as I read your response, had a "slight" reaction to your comment about Longhorns not being Texans...... hahahahahahaha

Back
Top Bottom