ULTRA user looking for metal rythm and lead tones and interface

Hi guys,

Im still the proud owner of an Axe Fx Ultra.
Currently I'm recording tracks for my modern metalband, not really djenty not really oldschool.
I want to look for some new tones especially for rythm, but also lead.
Now it seems that the axe edit had some troubles the last year and now it looks like it is only for the axe II.

I have 2 specific questions:
-Which interface can communicate with my pc and my axe over midi so i can get presets from other users in my axe ultra
-where can i find kick ass rythm metal tones (what's up with axe-change? it contains only a handfull of presets when i just looked)

any tips are welcom

greetings from the netherlands,

Casper

M-Audio Midisport 2x2 USB to MiIDI interface (mine was the "Anniversary" edition but shouldn't matter which one) does the job for me (I'm using Windows 7 64bit, and the official M-Audio driver), and is the only interface that the European Axe-FX distributors at G66 recommended. Cheaper interfaces will probably generally work for sending single patches or user cabs etc to the Axe-Fx, but may not work if attempting to download a full firmware update or patch bank to the Axe-Fx or perform a full patch backup from the Axe-Fx. Note that the M-Audio Midisport 2x2 (when I last looked) is stated as not fully compatible with USB 3.0 and may not work properly on a USB3.0 connection, I use a USB 2.0 port on my PC.

(On a seperate note: For anyone using the M-Audio Midisport 2x2 with Win 7 64bit and the official M-Audio driver, note that based on my experience, you may find that the first compatible USB port you first connect it to after installing the official driver may be the only USB port that the driver will fully "talk" to, although this could of course be interaction with my PC motherboard/drivers. If you connect it to a different compatible USB port afterwards then Windows will state that the device is connected and working but it may NOT appear as an available device in AxeEdit etc. Connect it back to the "original first connected" USB port and it works fully again.)

Back
Top Bottom