Ultra/Standard and a Foot switch, recommendations.

Inphrared

I cannot afford the MFC101, I wish I could... With that being said, I'm looking for the closest thing to plug and play (the cheaper the better). Any suggestions? I just need patch changes and a tap tempo if possible. I can tune on the front of the unit.

Rocktron midimate, cheap, 10 patch changes or 5 + 5 control changes (i.e. to tap tempo), 1 input also for exp pedal.
Sturdy, no issues in few years (bought used)

I have an FCB1010 with the Uno chip that I will sell you if you want. It works fine. As I recall, main disadvantage compared to other controllers is you can't autoload presets so you see the preset name on the controller. I think you just see the number. Also, IMHO these are not very easy to program (but I am 53 and behind the tech curve)

I believe it does tuner, but I am not sure about tap tempo. Patrick Voes made a great site on how to use this with the AXE here fcb1010 - UnO - Index

PM me if interested.

I have an FCB1010 with the Uno chip that I will sell you if you want. It works fine. As I recall, main disadvantage compared to other controllers is you can't autoload presets so you see the preset name on the controller. I think you just see the number. Also, IMHO these are not very easy to program (but I am 53 and behind the tech curve)

I believe it does tuner, but I am not sure about tap tempo. Patrick Voes made a great site on how to use this with the AXE here fcb1010 - UnO - Index

PM me if interested.

It can't display the tuner, but you can have a button activate the tuner in the Axe. It does do tap tempo.

I use one, and I am very happy with what it does for the price, obviously if you pay more you get more...
The Liquid foot and the MFC are more expensive and has tons of features that the FCB does not.

You have to ask yourself what you need and what you want to spend I guess....

Jens

Edit: and Voes' website is by far the best place to get info on the FCB!!

Also- can the FCB or the Ground Control Pro do Patch Changes, Tap Tempo, and Tuner?

I have a GCP. I use it for patch changes, tap tempo, and turning on/off individual effects. You can use it to turn the tuner on/off but it doesn't show up on the GCP screen.

Back
Top Bottom