Ultra seems to be fried :(

Jakez717

Hi everyone, first post here and unfortunately it's a bad topic to start with.

So I've owned my Ultra for close to 4 years now or so and have never had any problems with it, loved it the whole time.

Today I was getting ready to play like any other day and when I went and turned my unit on there was a loud pop, and the screen started flashing. I immediately turned it off but it seems whatever had happened had already done its damage. The unit now turns on, but the screen, edited, out1, out 2, tempo, bypass and the level lights just blink over and over again. The unit does not boot. There is a distinct smell almost like something burned. I am afraid that there is nothing that can be done as it is such an older unit at this point but I figured I would at least post this here to see if ANYTHING can be done to save my unit.

I would love a II but that's not financially viable at this point so I'm assuming I'm SOL

contact support. They will give you best advise on what to do. might be some power whatsamacallit that blew and could be replaced fairly easy.
Since the unit is way out of warranty you can open the lid and see how it looks inside if any visible damage, eg burnt parts

contact support. They will give you best advise on what to do. might be some power whatsamacallit that blew and could be replaced fairly easy.
Since the unit is way out of warranty you can open the lid and see how it looks inside if any visible damage, eg burnt parts
Will do. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar issue. I plan on opening it up once I get these 2 stripped screws out of it.

In the meantime, lets be honest it was about time anyway. Axe FX II XL incoming. Hopefully the Ultra can be fixed but this should do the trick hah.

Will do. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar issue. I plan on opening it up once I get these 2 stripped screws out of it.

In the meantime, lets be honest it was about time anyway. Axe FX II XL incoming. Hopefully the Ultra can be fixed but this should do the trick hah.

AXE-FX II XL incoming? Well, we wont feel sorry for you then ;) :D haha, hope it gets fixed, its neat as backup

Back
Top Bottom