Ultra Review

guitarmike

Experienced
Well, after about a month with the ultra I think its time to chime in. First let me say that this forum has been a great help; I searched it for months before I decided to buy and continue to find answers to my questions since my purchase. I've played tubes amps for years and also repair them (mainly vintage types). Marshall's, Fenders and Matchless have been my go to amps. So what do you call a two space black box full of computer chips that gets truly organic tones -AxeFX! To say that I am impressed is an understatement. The real kicker is that it gets organic in-between tones - and the volume knob on the guitar shifts you between clean and overdriven tones. The tones don't just sit there either, they're alive. They move around like a real tube amp and do it without making my ears bleed from excessive volume. The fx are as good as I have ever used - the reverbs are incredible. All this and complete flexability in routing, volume, control...mighty impressive. I have tried going frfr through my studio speakers and get good results, however I have not faired to well with the straight to the PA deal. I miss the directness of a cabinet. So, I plug into the power amp on my jazz chorus and it sounds like a Marshall, or a Fender, or a Mesa, or a what ever I want. I have even had good luck with the axa editor. This unit is very deep and with all the adjustments you can certainly get ugly, non-musical sounds. However, with a little patience and study you are rewarded with truly great tone and feel. About two years ago, I predicted this would happen within the next ten years. Well, I was off a little. Cliff, your a genius!

Hello Mike,
This is the first product that I’ve tried from Fractal Audio Systems, and it’s one of a pair of guitar amp and effect simulators built by the company.
The Axe-fx Ultra is packaged in 2U steel case which looks stunning and is powered directly from the mains.There is a little large display window, which shows both values and graphical control panel.Power amp, microphone and cabinet simulations can be enabled or disabled on a per-batch basis,
So the user can set up some more patches to live performance and other studio use. This is my first review after using my first Ultra.

bradcooper said:
Hello Mike,
This is the first product that I’ve tried from Fractal Audio Systems, and it’s one of a pair of guitar amp and effect simulators built by the company.
The Axe-fx Ultra is packaged in 2U steel case which looks stunning and is powered directly from the mains.There is a little large display window, which shows both values and graphical control panel.Power amp, microphone and cabinet simulations can be enabled or disabled on a per-batch basis,
So the user can set up some more patches to live performance and other studio use. This is my first review after using my first Ultra.
(In my best Jeff Spicoli voice) Yeah man...but how does it sound??? Oh and can I get a bluetooth...TO GO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom