Ultra Power Failure

sanhulio

2013-04-15 19.22.06.jpgHello, first post here.

I went to turn on my Axe FX Ultra about 4 days ago, I heard a small pop inside as if something shorted out. It is a down soldier. I sent an email to Fractal Support to see if they have any sort of service available. I haven't heard back yet. Does anyone here know of any other course of action I may take? I'm curious if anyone has had a similar situation. I'm sure the support team at fractal is small, and they will get back to me when they are able. If this is something that I can self repair I will.

Attached is a picture of the component that seems to be the issue. I'm not exactly an electronics guru though. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:
that gritty looking mess is a transformer or choke of some kind. you could probably change it yourself if you can get the part from fractal.

First of all, be careful not to touch anything that you shouldn't
Dealing with power supplies can be hazardous and you could get a electrical shock. So be careful.

Either way, most power supplies are the same, just different voltages and such. Is there any way to see is there are any numbers or anything on the transformer?
That could tell you which one to buy.

No, power supplies are definately not the same. The Axe uses a proprietary board that has to be replaced by a duplicate.

I'd be happy to replace the necessary part(s) myself. I'm hoping for the best. It's been 7 days today since I emailed fractal support, I'm sure I'll be hearing back from them shortly. Worst case scenario, I buy a axefx2....wouldn't be so bad, my bank account would hate me for it though...

Back
Top Bottom