Ultra 'Output 1' Issue

bob_sheeth

Hey guys,

I am posting this issue on behalf of the other guitarist in my band who is an Axe FX Ultra owner. (AxeFX-II owner myself)

We hooked up his Ultra at rehearsal a couple of nights ago before a show and about half way through our set run through we noticed his guitar level had dropped right down out of mix. We stopped the jam and played around to see what the problem was.

His output level had dropped significantly and was quite thin and tinny-er.

Signal chain is:
Fender Jag > Guitar Cable > Front input > AxeFX Ultra > Output 1 (L) > Mic cable > Soundcraft Mixer > QSC K10's.

We tried resetting the Ultra, different guitars, different leads (guitar and mic cable), different mixer channels, and also tried output 1 (R)... all to no avail. The signal was still significantly quieter.

We were running out of time and had to pack up to go to the show.

During the start of soundcheck at the show the Ultra working again! We line checked and all was okay. Then we came back and did a quick full band sound check and the Ultra had dropped volume and was sounding thin again. We tried some of the above things again to no avail.

We then got a DI box and connected Output 2 (L) to the DI Box to desk. This finally resolved the problem and the Ultra held up for whole gig running this way.

So, my question is, has anyone else had or heard of this problem? Is it something repairable?
The thing the confuses me is time delay for the level to drop from Output 1. The Ultra is mounted in a 4RU case with the AxeFx2. Could it be a heat issue? It didn't feel overly hot to me, just warm-ish.

TL;DR Output 1 volume drops after a period of time, Output 2 working okay.

Cheers,
Bob

Just got a chance to check it out Chris, and output 1 right xlr is working! It's only out 1 left xlr & unbalanced not working. Right works fine for both. Would there be a reason for that?

Back
Top Bottom