Ultra not connecting to Axe Edit

nscarfo83

Hi, I know this topic has been discussed but I’ve tried everything and I’m not sure what else I can do. I recently picked up an ultra and the fw is at 10.5 on the unit. I want to update it to fw 11 but I cannot seem to get the axe edit software to recognize the ultra. I’m on a Mac with iOS 10.12.6 sierra and I’m connecting the ultra to the Mac using a Roland um one cable. All the lights on the axe and cable seem to be working properly. I’ve tried every legacy version of the edit software but nothing is working. I feel like I’ve hit a brick wall I’ve been at this for hours.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks I’ll check that out and see if it works. Ultimately I’d like to just do everything in axe edit since I have my IR’s and older patches I made but if I can at least update the fw I’d be happy.

It’s been ages since I owned an Ultra so my recollection on the firmware upgrade process is fuzzy.

The good news is you have a MIDI interface that works well. Are you setting the Ultra to receive a firmware update?

This thread might help.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/cant-update-firmware-ultra.101285/

There is a version of Bone SendSX for Mac you try.
No luck with the sendsx, I couldn’t find a Mac download anywhere on the website even though it says it’s compatible.

I am using the exact same setup and it works fine for me. Maybe it's another piece of software interfering?

I am using the exact same setup and it works fine for me. Maybe it's another piece of software interfering?
I’m not sure what other software could be interfering, all I have running is axe edit and my axe fx. I’ve never had this issue before so it’s just weird.

Ended up getting it working but not on my Mac. I had a tablet running windows and I was able to get it to connect. Not sure if the issue is with Mac or not?

Back
Top Bottom