Ultra knob not working correctly when scrolling through presets

deathbyguitar

Power User
Ultra's knob not working correctly when scrolling through presets

The knob on my ultra no longer works right when I try and scroll through presets. Half the time it'll take me to the next preset if I rotate clockwise, other times it'll just take me back to the previous one. Do I need to send this thing in for repair, or is this a known issue that I can correct on my end?

Last edited:
I think I have read somewhere that this happened on a few "old" ULTRAs. There should be a spare part section in the Fractal online shop where you can buy a new pot for the main knob.
Perhaps someone can chime in how to find those spare parts

If you're in Europe contact G66. Known problem, you'll need to change the encoder. G66 do this in no time and professionnal work.

Looks like I'll take it to a local repair shop after I buy the part. Would be great if I weren't just gonna sell the thing immediately afterwards. Sure I could sell it as is, but I'd probably loose more money that way than getting it repaired. Life is hard. :lol

I had the same problem after Ultra had sat unused for a bit. Ordered the part, and in the meantime, spun the dial through several rotations ( clockwise and counter clockwise)and the issue cleared itself up.

Still have the part and a friend with the fine soldering skills willing to replace the old one if it recurs.
This is a bit of a bitch to do yourself, unless you are skilled.

good luck, O

Had the same Problem with my Ultra - to much "Scrolling" without using AxeEdit..........This knob is really not a "heavy duty" - Part. G66 does a great Support job in Europe.

Back
Top Bottom