Ultra gremlin: can't load presets anymore...

Dpoirier

Fractal Fanatic
Hmm, this is a new one for me. Some of my presets suddenly went funny (normally bypassed blocks are now all activated, no sound other than the reverb, and other assorted weirdness). I suspected a dead battery (again!!!), even though it's onlt a few months old...

However, I have other symptoms: I can dump a preset to midi (and receive it on my computer, using trusty old SendSX), however I cannot send presets the other way, from the computer back to the Ultra. I do this regularly, so I know the way around and this is not a newbie finger-trouble kind of issue. The Ultra receives midi data at the end of the SendSX transfer (I can tell from the brief "Midi in" light that lights up on the Ultra's front panel). But the preset "doesn't stick"... the same preset name is displayed, and no sound differences. I tried with some presets from my own very recent backups and from my "factory presets" folder, same issue.

A few questions for the experts out there:
- Would a dead battery affect the Ultra's ability to receive a preset in the form of a sysex dump?
- What could possibly cause an otherwise reliable Ultra to all-of-a-sudden stop accepting present transfers?
- Any other suggestions?

I want to explore a few things before contacting Fractal Support... hoping this issue goes away easily.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom