Ultra Firmware Version 9.00 Released

For the first time ever, for comparison reasons, I actually reverted back to 8.09 to record some quick riffs and WOW...9.0 has so much more clarity. Less compressed, more defined bass and just more open. NICE !

I only did that test because I first thought it doesn't sound so good. It just goes to show how memory can play tricks on you, just because you know something's changed and your long tweaked old presets were 'so good' ...

Well I haven't gone through yet all the patches after the 9.00 upgrade, but there are definitely some patches that I would just toss out before that are now worthy. Overall, so far I am WOW. Will be a long evening and day tomorrow. Want to re-audtion everything.

Yep, i've notice more clarity with 9.00, just gone through all the presets again and i'm still blown away...thanks Cliff :D

VegaBaby said:
For the first time ever, for comparison reasons, I actually reverted back to 8.09 to record some quick riffs and WOW...9.0 has so much more clarity. Less compressed, more defined bass and just more open. NICE !

I only did that test because I first thought it doesn't sound so good. It just goes to show how memory can play tricks on you, just because you know something's changed and your long tweaked old presets were 'so good' ...

I did the same thing. I recorded a couple of clips before upgrading. The first thing I noticed was the reverb sounded really nice. I also found the tones to be more "focused" and tighter in the low end, with more clarity. And the crunch tones, although I didn't record any with 8.09, I can tell with absolutle certainty are much improved. Last night I was Captain Crunch. :)

Stephen Cole

gittarzann said:
fremen said:
Sorry, French noob here, English is not my main language, what is a "taper" ? :oops:

This...is a tapir

tapir1.jpg

Hogarithmic, no less.

what's actually amazing is no one has any real complaints nor are there any bugs. Knock on wood lol. Nice work Cliff, well done.

Had the chance to update my Ultra tonight. I must say I was a little skeptical after reading all this praise. I mean, how good could it *really* be??

After an hour straight of banging out three chord punchy rhythms I must say that 9.00 is truly inspirational! I'm really happy with it!! Things just feel "chewier" than they did before.

I may have to rework some of my go-to presets, but it shouldn't take long. Maybe get rid of a few parametric eq's I was using before for compensation.

I have been an Axe user since firmware 3.xxx and I have to say this is the coolest one yet!
Thank you Cliff :)
As stated above something in the feel has changed, "chewier" might be a very good description.
I must also go over my presets, it`s like most presets are like a bit "gainier" or something, but damn it sounds good!

Yea, the 9.00 honeymoon continues ;-) I got a couple of "FRFR" hours in tonight playing with my RCF310a with just the MAZ38 and Eggie20 models and Jay's far-field IR's at stage levels, and was getting the coolest mild crunch tunes. Working the Drive and the Master revealed a lot of colors and feels, and the 'tuning' of the many shades of distortion was great fun indeed.

It just seems it's way faster to 'get there' with 9.00 I'm finding...everything is much more 'efficient' :cool:

The Ultra sounds awesome after a good play tonight :)
Very obvious changes, for the better.

One oddity I noticed though...the "Master Of Puppets" patch...anyone notice it sounds really distant and unfocused now, like it's in a very boomy sounding room? Think there was another patch that had a similar abnormal feel about it but forget which one.

soularflair said:
One oddity I noticed though...the "Master Of Puppets" patch...anyone notice it sounds really distant and unfocused now, like it's in a very boomy sounding room?

I thought the same thing, although I never cared for that preset to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom