ULTRA FIRMWARE 11.0 MAY 9 2011

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 8.05 Updated Presets 8/5/09

My Ultra says 8.04 after the 8.05 update ....
2nd try worked like a charm.

-Changed Continuous Controller defaults to defined values for use with MFC-101.-

:D

just uploaded 8.05 and the tuner seems to not be functioning correctly the little dot to tell you you're flat/sharp isn't moving. While i have 2 guitars plugged in the rear input1 the left input doesn't register in the tuner, but the right one does.

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 8.06 Updated Presets 8/5/09

http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/V ... ra8_06.zip

Fixed bug in Ultra Pitch Detector causing crash under certain circumstances.

Increased range of Intelligent Pitch to +/- 15 scale degrees. This allows up to two octaves of shift for standard Western scales.

Fixed Intelligent Pitch not calculating proper shift for negative harmonies.

Fixed incorrect modifier range for Drive parameter in Drive block.

Changed Continuous Controller defaults to defined values for use with MFC-101.

Improved Intelligent Pitch algorithm so that it interpolates between harmonies rather than jumping when using Smooth Tracking Mode, i.e. if the current harmony is a minor 3rd and a half-step above would result in a major 3rd the shifter will gradually increase the amount of shifting as the note is bent up rather than suddenly jumping from a minor to major 3rd.

Improved Drive modeling for some models.

External Controllers now default to maximum on power-up as opposed to zero. If assigned to a MIDI CC and no MIDI data incoming then value will remain at maximum. This allows using unit with no MIDI controller attached more easily, i.e. Volume block has External Controller assigned to Volume parameter.

Improved pitch shifter algorithm. Improved algorithm reduces echo on notes, especially when using small shift amounts.

Improved pitch detector algorithm when using Local Poly for the Pitch Source. New predictive algorithm has better stability which improves clarity of shifted notes.

Changed Drive block Drive control to replicate range of modeled device. Previously the Drive control had a range of 40 dB irrespective of the model. Now the Drive control range varies from 20 dB to 40 dB depending on the model. NOTE: exisiting presets will likely sound different and should be auditioned.
The following models are affected by this change:
SUPER OD
TS808 OD
TS808 MOD
FULL OD
SHRED DIST
BENDER FUZZ

Added back support for presets created before 6.10.

Increased Gate Threshold to –100 dB.

Added HICUT FREQ parameter to QuadChorus block. This parameter, in the Advanced menu, allows you to control the corner frequency of a lowpass filter on the wet signal. This can be used to replicate the limited frequency response of analog chorus/flanger units.

Fixed clicking in Pitch block when modifier connected to Master Pitch.

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 8.07 Updated Presets 8/5/09

8.07 Ultra up!
http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/V ... ra8_07.zip

New factory presets as well:

http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/V ... _BankA.syx
http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/V ... _BankB.syx
http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/V ... _BankC.syx

Fixed LFO Phase control non-functional for triangle LFO waveform in Chorus.

Fixed bug in Ultra Pitch Detector causing crash under certain circumstances.

Increased range of Intelligent Pitch to +/- 15 scale degrees. This allows up to two octaves of shift for standard Western scales.

Fixed Intelligent Pitch not calculating proper shift for negative harmonies.

Fixed incorrect modifier range for Drive parameter in Drive block.

Changed Continuous Controller defaults to defined values for use with MFC-101.

Any idea what presets were updated? I'd rather not overwrite my entire bank.

According to the timestamp on the banks (both Standard and Ultra), they have not been updated since August, so if you updated them back then when 8.02 came out, there's no need to update.

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 8.08 Updated Presets 8/5/09

Ultra 8.08

http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/V ... ra8_08.zip

Release notes:

Added Number Springs and Spring Tone parameters to Reverb block. These parameters, in the advanced menu, only affect the Vintage types. Number Springs allows you to vary the number of virtual springs from two to six in increments of two. The Vintage Small defaults to two, Medium to four and Large to six (previously all defaulted to six). The Spring Tone parameter allows you to vary the tone of the Vintage type. The models now all default to a value of 5.00. Presets created with earlier firmware will read 0.0 and can be left as is or adjusted to taste. A setting of 0.0 will result in the same tone as earlier firmware.

Added Extern Startup Value parameters to I/O -> MIDI page. This parameter chooses the startup value of each external controller on power-on. A value of 0% starts the external controller at the minimum, a value of 100% starts it at maximum. You may use this parameter to define the startup state of external controllers when assigned to a MIDI CC# but no MIDI controller is connected.

Added tempo averaging. When tapping the TEMPO button, or sending a Tempo CC message via MIDI, tempo is averaged over the number of taps, up to ten taps. If more then ten taps are entered the average is over the last ten. The averaging is reset if more than two seconds elapse between taps.
Added MIDI Tempo sysex message for use with MFC-101. The SEND TUNER SYSEX parameter in I/O->MIDI is now SEND REALTIME SYSEX and enables sending of the tuner and tempo sysex data. Set this to ON to enable these features for use with the MFC-101.

Added OFF VAL parameter to Modifiers. This parameter allows you to select the point at which the effect automatically disengages. The default value is 5%. Values of 50% or less cause the effect to disengage when the controller is below the value programmed. Values greater than 50% cause the effect to disengage when the value of the controller is above the threshold. This can be used, for example, to program a Wah to disengage at heel down (less than 50%) or toe down (greater than 50%). For example, to program the Wah to disengage at toe down, set the OFF VAL to, say, 90% and turn AUTOENG on.

Added default CC values for all items in I/O->CTRL menu. Using the Reset System Parameters utility will now set the CC values to these values rather than setting all to zero. The new default values are required for the MFC-101 “Axe-Fx Mode” of operation.
Fixed I/O->MIDI parameters not being reset when running Reset System Parameters utility.

Added Nav Left/Right accelerators to Modifier menu.

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 8.09 Updated Presets 8/5/09

8.09 Ultra up!
http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/V ... ra8_09.zip

Fixed Multidelay not working under certain settings.
Disabled streaming tempo sysex if in Utility menu.

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 8.09 Updated Presets 8/5/09

9.0 OUT!
http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/V ... ra9_00.zip

Updated presets
http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/V ... _BankA.syx

http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/V ... _BankB.syx

http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/V ... _BankC.syx

Improved preset switching times.

Changed log tapers in Volume block to more accurately model actual audio taper pots. Also changed Amp block tone control tapers accordingly.

Improved power amp modeling. Power amp compression is now more apparent but also more natural, especially with high Master and/or Sag settings. Improves note clarity and touch sensitivity.

New pre-amp modeling accurately simulates “cold-biased” stages. Models using this will now have much more “crunch”. Even when playing light an underlying crunch will be evident. This also has the desirable side-effect of making some high-gain models feel “tighter”.

Euro 1 & 2 models have been totally reworked.

Tweaked Depth frequency of Fryette models.

Corrected incorrect coupling capacitor value in Plexi 1 and Plexi 2 models.

Reworked CAA models and corrected incorrect bright cap value in CAA 3+ LD model.

Reworked X99 models and corrected math mistake on bright cap for Rhy model.

Fixed incorrect treble peaker value on Boutique 1&2 models. Also tweaked tone- stack for these models.

New Rotary Cabinet algorithm. New algorithm has independent motors for LF and HF rotors along with separate time constants. The LF rotor will change speed slower than the HF rotor. Rate control now goes to 0.0 allowing “braking” of the rotors. Virtual microphone positions have been changed to 90 degrees (previously 180 degrees). The new algorithm results in a more realistic and intense effect.

Added Horn Length control to Rotary block. This parameter adjusts the length of the virtual HF horn. Larger values increase the amount of doppler shift and result in a more intense effect.

Added ability to chose realtime sysex messages sent: None, All, Tuner Only or Tempo Only.

Reverb block has been reworked. Separate pre-delay and tail delay controls now allow precise control over the delay of the initial reflections and tail portions of the reverb. The reverb “tank” algortihm has been rewritten to provide a more natural sound. The new reverb algorithm has also been ported to the standard Axe-Fx.

The following parameter changes have been made to the reverb block:
- “Early Delay” parameter has been removed.
- “Pre Delay” now controls time to initial reflections and is adjustable
from 0 to 250 ms. Default value varies with type
- “Reverb Delay” sets the start of the decay portion of the reverb relative
to the initial reflections. Range is 0 to 250 ms. Default value varies
with type.
- “Echo Density” sets the density of the decay portion of the reverb. Range
is 2 to 8. Lower values result in a more sparse and coarse sounding tail. Higher values give a smoother sound.

The Spring type has been removed and replaced with a “Cathedral” type. The Vintage type has been renamed to Spring.

Fixed bug in Vintage (now Spring) reverb corrupting global vector.

***NOTE***: Presets created with firmware prior to 9.00 are incompatible with the new algorithm so the reverb block is reset upon recall. The preset will sound similar but many of the parameters will be reset by necessity. You should audition your presets carefully after upgrading as unexpected changes can occur.

Reworked Phaser block and particularly the Vibe mode. The Freq. control in the Phaser block now controls the center frequency of the sweep range (as opposed to the start frequency previously). The range of this parameter has been changed accordingly. Existing presets will probably sound the same but auditioning them is recommended.

A new Vibe algorithm has been written and accurately models the classic Univibe sound. A new parameter, BULB BIAS, has been added to the Advanced menu. This parameter allows you to control the quiescent current of the virtual light bulb used in the algorithm. Real Univive pedals have an internal poteniometer to control the quiescent bulb current. Varying this parameter controls how “lumpy” the frequency sweep beahves. Unlike a real Univibe, the Axe-Fx compensates so that the center frequency doesn’t change with the bias (the bias affect on the center frequency parameter is calculated and removed) allowing easier control of the sweep range. This parameter has no effect in the normal phaser modes.

***NOTE***: Existing presets will need to be auditioned as the sound of the Vibe mode has changed significantly. Furthermore, the LFO type is required to be SINE for the vibe mode (previously it was EXP). You can use other LFO types for the vibe mode but it will not replicate the vintage effect then. When selecting the Vibe type the LFO is automatically changed to SINE. You can override the LFO type afterwards, if desired.

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 9.0 Updated Presets as of 11/16/09

When the presets are "updated", what exactly does that mean? All 384 were reworked? Just new defaults? How do they differ from the prior banks of presets?

Did Cliff touch the drive models at all? Because my rhythm tone (using my external pre-amp) sounds A LOT more aggressive...which is a good thing. Just curious because the only thing I have in my basic rhythm patch is a drive block, the loop for my pre-amp, a noise gate, then a bypassed delay block for spill over and a touch of reverb to make staccato type rhythm sound a bit more natural. I re-did my reverb since it was changed a lot and still more aggressive.

Just curious because it's not in the firmware description, I'm not using any amp models, and my ear isn't developed enough to really tell what's different :lol:

Dear GuitarDojo. In the configuration I / O> CTRL can be attributed to "the effect of bypass (off) to the button. Can you make an amendment that can be attributed to "the effect you need (turn)" to a button? Then you can be one of the effects included and others excluded while one button. Please if you can do.
Done in this way:
CABINET1 BYP NONE
CABINET1 TURN NONE
CABINET2 BYP NONE
CABINET2 TURN NONE
CHORUS1 BYP NONE
CHORUS1 TURN NONE
CHORUS2 BYP NONE
CHORUS2 TURN NONE
TURN - attach, enable,on, or visit
I do not know English. Excuse me, so I explain.

Chad said:
When the presets are "updated", what exactly does that mean? All 384 were reworked? Just new defaults? How do they differ from the prior banks of presets?
This. Inquiring minds wanna know. I tried to upload them to the Axe but borne and axe edit aren't playing nice right now.

JJ Rodriguez said:
Did Cliff touch the drive models at all? Because my rhythm tone (using my external pre-amp) sounds A LOT more aggressive...which is a good thing. Just curious because the only thing I have in my basic rhythm patch is a drive block, the loop for my pre-amp, a noise gate, then a bypassed delay block for spill over and a touch of reverb to make staccato type rhythm sound a bit more natural. I re-did my reverb since it was changed a lot and still more aggressive.

Just curious because it's not in the firmware description, I'm not using any amp models, and my ear isn't developed enough to really tell what's different :lol:
Seems to be the consensus here that the 9.0 changes gave our amps some go go juice! :D

GuitarDojo said:
JJ Rodriguez said:

Seems to be the consensus here that the 9.0 changes gave our amps some go go juice! :D

That's sounds dirty :lol:

AlbertA said:
GuitarDojo said:
JJ Rodriguez said:

That's sounds dirty :lol:
As it should!! :D

I could understand it if I used any amp models, but I don't :lol: I know he reworked the Drive models in 8.02 or 07, either or, but I had 8.09 before going to 9.0, so it just seems odd. Either way, it sounds good, so I'm not complaining.

Back
Top Bottom