ULTRA FIRMWARE 11.0 MAY 9 2011

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 7.08 & PRESETS UPDATED as of (7.0)

7.09? That prolly means we will get a 7.10 :lol:

Dutch said:
Scott Peterson said:
[quote="hp/mp":3lna239i]I got my Ultra today (apr. 30) and on the firmware screen it says Firmware version 7.09, April 26, 2009. Is that the version that is installed on my Axe or a "typo"? :eek:

You da man... probably the only one outside of Cliff running that firmware at this very moment.... I'm on 7.08 here.
Cliff does that sometimes. Ships new units with the newest firmware but doesn't publish it. There will probably be a new firmware soon.[/quote:3lna239i]
Sweetness! Fractal really is TOP notch!

Anyone know what is new in 7.09? Or what the "rumors" are lol hahaha

rsf1977 said:
Anyone know what is new in 7.09? Or what the "rumors" are lol hahaha

There was another post that indicated a further improvement in the compressors. That was all I remember reading.

because Firmware updates are like crack, and when i hear they are coming I start getting itchy and twitchy! I need my fix!!! ;)

rsf1977 said:
because Firmware updates are like crack, and when i hear they are coming I start getting itchy and twitchy! I need my fix!!! ;)

I think when there is a hint of new firmware the refresh rate at this forum goes up exponentially. People start "scanning" those "special" directories looking for the firmware. With the Axe-FX Christmas comes 2 - 4 times a month on average.

I am still on 7.04 and it is fine by me. I will update when they add some new amp models. By the way I wonder why they haven't added any in the last few updates?

brettllingle said:
I am still on 7.04 and it is fine by me. I will update when they add some new amp models. By the way I wonder why they haven't added any in the last few updates?

The updated compressor is worth the upgrade, IMO, as is the V30 cab update.

Previous effects have allowed me to set a default value for a parameter on preset change and have ignored pedal position until the pedal is moved.
Is there a possibility in Fractal? When will?

wal24 said:
Previous effects have allowed me to set a default value for a parameter on preset change and have ignored pedal position until the pedal is moved.
Is there a possibility in Fractal? When will?

That has been requested many times, there's even a poll for it.
I'd love that , too!

Thank you Peter. We ask. It can do so. And where is this survey?

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 7.13 & PRESETS UPDATED as of (7.0)

Returned global pitch detector speed to pre-7.12 settings.

Fixed Q4 parameter in Resonator block incorrectly mapped in GUI.

Fixed Compressor Bypass Mode not able to be zet.

Improved Octave Divider algorithm. Improved tracking and reduced intermodulation products.

Fixed Editor unable to profile Noisegate.

Improved tuner accuracy and stability.

Changed some Reverb defaults.

Fixed crash in Multidelay if Master Rate set to zero (divide-by-zero).

Fixed crash if bass at zero on Jazz model and tonestack frequency changed.

Improved CPU usage for modulation effects when using sine waveform type.

Improved Pitch Shifter “smoothness”.

Improved Plex Delay algorithm and added Master Time parameter.

Added Reverb spillover. Note: Reverb will NOT spill over if going to/from a Vintage type from/to a different type.

Added navigation features:
- When in a list menu pressing right or left arrows moves by four items.
- In a knob menu pressing up or down moves by two knobs.

Improved Gate/Expander algorithm and CPU usage. Note: the ranges of the attack, hold and release parameters have changed. Existing presets should be auditioned. The Gate can now open and/or close faster, if desired.

Improved Multiband Compressor algorithm and CPU usage.

Added Byp Mode parameter to Compressor.

Fixed midiSetGrid() function checksum fail bug.

Fixed inadvertent 6 dB boost in HF level in Rotary.

Fixed Freq knob in Synth block stuck.

Improved Studio Compressor algorithm.

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 7.15 & PRESETS UPDATED as of (7.13-15)

http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/V ... ra7_15.zip

The presets have also been updated as of 7.15 JUNE 3 2009 :
http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/V ... _BankA.syx
http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/V ... _BankB.syx
http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/V ... _BankC.syx

Changed Noise Gate algorithm. New algorithm has less “chatter” near threshold and faster release, if desired.

Added “Reset on Program Change” to Modifier parameters. When set to ON the controlled parameter will be reset to the stored value upon loading the preset. The modifier will not control the parameter until the controller has changed from its previous value. Once the controller has been changed, i.e. pedal moved, the modifier then has control of the parameter.

Increased power detector filtering in Compressor block. This reduces distortion when Attack and Release values are set to very high values. The range of the Release rate parameter has been changed. Existing presets should be auditioned.

Improved Noise Gate by changing filtering and increasing available ratio.

Improved Intelligent Pitch CPU usage.

Thank you GuitarDojo!

But isn't it time to start afresh with a new thread?

I started reading the first page and there was all this chatter about using the editor for previewing presets. Which is consistent with the "presets updated" in the title. And I thought to myself "Hey, the new editor can't preview presets, it just loads them from the Axe. Is the preset manager out already? I should check about that!" But then I saw the time on those posts: August 08.

Is there any way to know what was updated in the presets so that we might be able to make those changes to the presets we have customized?

porieux said:
Is there any way to know what was updated in the presets so that we might be able to make those changes to the presets we have customized?
Yeah. I just went through all of the presets a week ago. Took me hours. I did get a great deal more that I liked than the time before. But I'm not really itching to do that again. I want to go on with my amp row. Tweaking every amp in there to see what it does. :geek:

After that I need to get into user IRs a bit. :geek: :geek:

After that I've still got some effects to check out. Couple of thousand of those... :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

After that I'd like to go look at what I can do with the looper... :shock:

I guess that would keep me busy for another year, give or take. If there aren't any more firmware updates, that is.

So if anyone could write a nifty little compare application that could flesh out the changed ones... I hardly think Cliff keeps notes of what changes where all the time... Although, that would be nice.

Dutch said:
Thank you GuitarDojo!

But isn't it time to start afresh with a new thread?

I started reading the first page and there was all this chatter about using the editor for previewing presets. Which is consistent with the "presets updated" in the title. And I thought to myself "Hey, the new editor can't preview presets, it just loads them from the Axe. Is the preset manager out already? I should check about that!" But then I saw the time on those posts: August 08.

I did the same thing!!! I haven't updated since the beta editor came out since I'm going to wait until preset manager is enabled. I started reading this thread and thought, "Where have I been? The editor has preset manager???"!!!!

Then I saw a reply from Lars and thought, "Wow, Lars is back!!!" Then I looked at the dates...........

Yes, a new thread is needed.

Back
Top Bottom