ULTRA FIRMWARE 11.0 MAY 9 2011

GuitarDojo

Updated power amp emulation. Uses some of the techniques from the Axe-Fx II. This produces tighter, more defined bass and also less flubiness when using high MV settings.
Fixed periodicity issue with white and pink noise generators in Synth block (Ultra only).
Fixed frequency errors in Resonator block (Ultra only).
Improved communication with MFC-101 to fix sync issue for presets with >90% CPU utilization.

Last edited:
Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 5.23

Very,very nice Cliff. I love the new presets!! I think people will really like the
John Petrucci and the Blitzkrieg...maybe the people whining about the AXE FX not
being heavy enough will fully understand the capabilities of this "Wondermachine" :D

Wooohoo! The goodies keep coming... I will do this before I go to bed tonight.... Exciting Stuff....

Is there any place where you can download individual patches for this new "Bank C"?

I ask because I moved my original (factory) Bank A to (what was once) my blank bank C. I did this so that I could put all of my custom patches at the beginning (Bank A). If I download the entire new bank C, I would erase my original factory bank A, which was moved there. I want to keep most of those in my unit. So, again, is there any place where I can download individual patches from the new Bank C.

browlett said:
Is there any place where you can download individual patches for this new "Bank C"?

I ask because I moved my original (factory) Bank A to (what was once) my blank bank C. I did this so that I could put all of my custom patches at the beginning (Bank A). If I download the entire new bank C, I would erase my original factory bank A, which was moved there. I want to keep most of those in my unit. So, again, is there any place where I can download individual patches from the new Bank C.

If you use the editor, you can audition each patch before selecting to save it into the Axe's memory. Load the bank into the editor while connected to the AxeFX, scroll thru the patches and audition, save the ones you like with the typical proceedure for saving a patch to a preset location on the AxeFx.

browlett said:

You can load the bank in the editor, audition them, then save them anywhere you want.

One great thing about this new Bank C is that the preset volumes seem to be adjusted uniformly (for the most part). :cool:

Thumbs up for the new presets of bank C. I think there is much more usefull stuff than in bank A+B, which are FX overloaded in my eyes.

THANK YOU !!!

If I use the editor to upload the new banks, will the new resonator block presets make it over?

I'm using Axe editor version 5.22.

I vaguely remember reading that it might not work and that editor version and firmware version must be the same. Correct?

Thanks.

RacerX said:
If I use the editor to upload the new banks, will the new resonator block presets make it over?

I vaguely remember reading that it might not work and that editor version and firmware version must be the same. Correct?

Thanks.

It seemed to on mine. I think Lars made it so it passes things cleanly to the axe-fx now.

RacerX said:

Thanks.
I think that only relates if new parameters have been added...not a change in sound quality.

VegaBaby said:
RacerX said:

Thanks.
I think that only relates if new parameters have been added...not a change in sound quality.

It is edited it might be an issue, if he changed the curve of the parameters.

The range change shouldn't cause any problems, but the values displayed in the editor will be wrong. If you tweak using your ears instead of your eyes you'll do fine until the updated config is out.

Lars

LarsB said:
The range change shouldn't cause any problems, but the values displayed in the editor will be wrong. If you tweak using your ears instead of your eyes you'll do fine until the updated config is out.

Lars

Now, why would I want to do that :shock:

IIRC there was a way to update all presets after a new version of frimware was installed. I thought it was accessed with the utility button & then preset section but I'm not seeing it.
Is this gone with 5.23?
If not could someone point me to it?
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom