Ultra editing question - copying of effects/layout from one patch to another

GBM

Inspired
What is the easiest way to copy an effects grid/layout from one preset to any others so that I can have the same effects at my disposal without having to add them manually?

The easiest way is to use AxeEdit..
Right-click on the effects block you want to copy... select Settings.. Save Settings.. enter the name and press save.
Now go to new preset, right click on block , select Settings.. Recall Settings.. and pick the type/name you just saved.
AxeEdit automatically categorizes your settings based on type, so any block setting saved will be under that category type!
This can be done for any block.

The easiest way is to use AxeEdit..
Right-click on the effects block you want to copy... select Settings.. Save Settings.. enter the name and press save.
Now go to new preset, right click on block , select Settings.. Recall Settings.. and pick the type/name you just saved.
AxeEdit automatically categorizes your settings based on type, so any block setting saved will be under that category type!
This can be done for any block.

Many thanks; can it be done with several all at the same time or is it necessary to do it individually?

You can copy the effect and switch to another preset and paste it in the grid. It will copy all the settings along with it. Some like an amp block have the ability to save it to global so you can recall it in other settings.

To reuse the entire chain follow GBM's directions and export the patch and then reimport it as a starting point to another patch or blank one.

Many thanks; can it be done with several all at the same time or is it necessary to do it individually?
You can save the preset as csv then import a starting point for new patch - like hussamd stated. That will give you the entire chain... however, for more granular control, you save cab, amp and effect block as individuals then recall as needed. The upside is that - aside from the global amps feature - you can save a fav cab (or map) setting and easily replicate to many presets. The downside is that its per block !

Thanks; I new it was a lot more simple than what I was doing........5 hours with my head into it, I was starting to go nuts as I was having some midi issues again that was complicating matters.... asking much easier. appreciate it!!

Back
Top Bottom