Ultra Delivered Today

sprint

Axe-Master
Spouse got hit for 289'$ Canadian in Duty from the delivery man - The jig is up! - I told her I got a fancy new VCR for the basement - Don't think she bought it lol!.

First Impressons from a former GT10 user and current POD X3 Live user: I raced through all the presets in about 2 hours plugged into 2 Behringer Kx1200 keyboard amps.
  • No Cocked Wah crap like on the GT10 and No Blanket over the speaker crap like the POD- yaaa!
  • Feels responsive like my Traynor Tube Amp - crunch tones are really nicely defined and let my guitar sound thru.
  • I tweaked a few presets to my own taste and was very quickly getting the tones I liked. I found it pretty easy to dial in pretty good high gain smooth lead sound (I love those!).
  • The controls really work!! - I can hear the difference even on what I thought would be some of the subtler ones (i.e Damp / Sag ...).
  • I was worried about having to use the front panel interface and not having a fully released editor. The front panel interface is easier to navigate in than I thought it would be - actually more straight foreward than my GT10 was.
  • Cleans are awsome - lots of Crystal Echoes in the presets - I like the first 2 or 3 but by the time I'd heard the 25th one, I was bored with Crystal Echoes -:).

I'll try it tomorrow with my SS amp and 2X 2X12 cabs.

I think I'm gonna have fun with this thing for a long time!!

Guess I'll go and pick up an FCB1010 on the weekend.

Last edited:
I am just leaving to pick up my ultra at the post office, i also am hit with $289 Canadian duty, gonna be a fun day, the kids are at grandma's for the week, wife is at work.

I'm the same way with the crystal effects, but each time I revisit them I find a new use for them. The other day I was actually struck by inspiration while using the "Blackhole" patch. I branched off right after the cab and popped a mixing block in so I could have some of the dry signal while using the blackhole's ambience. Sounds friggin' awesome!

Back
Top Bottom