Ultra Basic X/Y Amp Block question ..... ?

ben ifin

Experienced
Hey all

With an Axe FX 2:-

-> can 1 x Amp Block have X being say a Fender and Y being say an AC 30 ?

or

-> must the 1 x Amp Block have X being say a Fender and Y being a variation of the X Amp ?

Ben

Many thanks Hubertus

Up until now, all my Amp Block X / Y's have been differnet settings of the same amp.

So ...... now ..... weird thing is that:-

- I create a new, blank, fully-shunted preset
- add 1 x Amp Block
- put a Fender in X
- go to put an AC30 in Y
- but Axe Edit saves the Y state in to the X with the result being that X and Y show the same amp ?

I assume Im doing something really simple "wrongly" :)

Ben

- I create a new, blank, fully-shunted preset
- add 1 x Amp Block
- put a Fender in X
- go to put an AC30 in Y
- but Axe Edit saves the Y state in to the X with the result being that X and Y show the same amp ?

I assume Im doing something really simple "wrongly" :)
I just followed your steps. I wound up with a Fender in X and a Vox in Y.

Are you saving the preset with the amp in the Y state, then selecting Y and finding the same thing? :)

Edit: You beat me by four minutes. :)

Hey thanks heaps :)

Quick follow-up.

- got 1 x Amp Block
- added a Fender in X
- added a AC30 in Y

So far .... all good ....... now .....

-> I want the new Fender X to have the same settings as a Fender I previously created -and- I want the new AC30 Y to have the same settings as an AC30 I previously created

[ if it helps, I do have my previously created Fender saved as its own Amp Block -and- my previously created AC30 saved as its own Amp Block ]

Issue / problem ........ ?

-> how / whats the easiest way to get "my" previously created Fender and my previously created AC30 settings in to the newly created respective Fender X / AC30 Y "slots" ?

I really dont want to have to re-tweak / re-create them from scatch by memory and manually :)

Ben

PS: Really hope this makes sense :)

Last edited:
Hey thanks heaps :)

Quick follow-up.

- got 1 x Amp Block
- added a Fender in X
- added a AC30 in Y

So far .... all good ....... now .....

-> I want the new Fender X to have the same settings as a Fender I previously created -and- I want the new AC30 Y to have the same settings as an AC30 I previously created

[ if it helps, I do have my previously created Fender saved as its own Amp Block -and- my previously created AC30 saved as its own Amp Block ]

Issue / problem ........ ?

-> how / whats the easiest way to get "my" previoulsy tweaked Fender and AC30 settings in to the newly created respective Fender X / AC30 Y ?

Ben

PS: Really hope this makes sense :)
In AE go to your saved amp block, rightclick on X/Y rightclick on X/Y and copy X or Y to clipboard, go to the new block rightclick on X/Y and paste clipboard to X or Y.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom