1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultra and powered monitors

Discussion in 'Ultra/Std Discussion' started by Michael Grisham, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Michael Grisham

Michael Grisham
    Expand Collapse
    New here

unable to get sound out of both monitors. But if there powered, why would I need a power amp?

2. chris

chris
    Expand Collapse
    Legend!

you've given us no details.

what model are the "monitors"?

is your Output knob turned up for the same output jacks you're using?

3. Michael Grisham

Michael Grisham
    Expand Collapse
    New here

I’m getting sound from the left monitor, going thru pwr amp. Unhooked pwr amp and I’m going to my JBL 306P’s, from the ultra! Output 1 left channel, output 2 for right channel. Output knobs for 1&2 up. No sound! Should I be using the front input jack?

4. Rex

Rex
    Expand Collapse
    Legend!

Use Output 1 Left for the left channel, and Output 1 Right for the right channel. Don't use Output 2. If you're not sending anything to Output 2, it'll be silent — no matter how far you have it turned up.

5. chris

chris
    Expand Collapse
    Legend!

Output 1 has Left and Right outputs. those correspond to Left and Right speakers.

Out 2 is for a 2nd different output, not "right." it also has it's own Left and Right.

use Output 1 Left and Right to go to the Left and Right speakers, and it should start working.