(ulp!) Is it possible to model a [good] modeler? Tech 21 Trademark 60

plyall

Power User
Okay... okay... grabbing my helmet and diving under the desk as I type... :eek:

I confess. With all of the great amps, boutique and otherwise, that I have had the good fortune to own over the years, I have been really impressed by the Tech 21 Trademark 60. I believe Les Paul and others were as well. I doesn't SOUND solid state (makers of the SansAmp), it doesn't FEEL that way, and the interactivity of the controls is just amazing! On the clean channel alone, I can dial in Fender, Vox, Boogie, some Marshalls, and a few others. That's with THREE knobs, one of which is Level. On the dirty channel, there's plenty of room for Gary Moore, Zep, Van Halen, and Santana. Amazing box - really. I own 2 (just in case one flames out), as well as some of their other products (2 x Power Engine 60's and a Bronzewood 60 - largely on my satisfaction with the TM 60). That's not to say that all they make is gold - I tried another 2x12 - Trademark 120 if I recall - and it sounded like scat.

That said, in both channels' cases, it seems like the magic sauce is in the interaction between their mid (called other things like Growl and Punch) and their channel gain controls. It's not just subtle - you can dial in a world of clean/bite/edge/clip/saturation between the two.

Is it even possible to model this piece? Would it need to be modeled in various 'snapshots' the way the Boogies seem to be? Would Fractal be willing? I'd happily send in the sweeter of my two units if I could get the thumbs up!

(to LeviPeto) -

As I mentioned, I own two units already. The issue is that it would be great to have this tonality inside of the Axe-FX II. It would also make it a lot simpler to gig with.

Back
Top Bottom