UK - Anyone got Axefx 2 in the UK

Well, I finally broke down today and rang G66. I like many others, ordered an Ultra in early December (the first), and watch the dates come and go. In fact I was in Afghanistan when I placed my order, hoping it that it would be a present to myself when I returned from my tour. But as it goes European customers, being the poor cousins, has worked out for me as I'm on route for the 2 rather than the Ultra. Remember the whining from the US side of forum from those that got their Ultras just before the 2 was launched - now that was grim.

I dont know NiceChris,
With all due respect I was quoted just 1 - 1/2 months for a unit and this was amazingly almost 10 months ago now. I lost a lot of money and gear selling things I had to raise the money for the Ultra I initially ordered.
I would have been more than happy with an Ultra too. The problem is I was promised an Ultra, then an Axe II but even with both units now being sold numerous times world wide with and without waiting lists, I have not been offered a unit, an explaination why I havent got one so far off their estimate or a realistic date.
So G66.EU told you they would be supplied in 10 days on the phone ? That's great news if it's true. But after being told mine would be in the next shipment since March ( of which there have been a few ) it's hard to stay optimistic.
Really hoping you're right - am loving what I've heard so far ! And since I have my Mission EP1 and MFC-101 ready to go am itching to plug them into something and start recording again ! Please let us know what they said - many thanks !

Can I ask you, on what it's based?

So even the guys that were on the waiting list from December didn't received their unit?
So based on that how many Axe FX II are in Europe? 2-3?

As far as the forum goes, Deathmetal machine ordered his on 2nd, November, 2010 and finally got his Axe II on July 28th. ( http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-reviews/39412-after-9-months-finally-got-axe-fx-ii.html ) So given that time frame with no units delivered since ( according to G66 twitter at : Twitter ) saying their only shipment arrived on July 22nd then I guess November 2nd 2011 is their cut off point.
Mork kindly did a G66 poll for us at http://forum.fractalaudio.com/lounge/37675-g66-waiting-list-poll.html which ( from the FAS forum users anyway ! ) shows that if Deathmetal machine was the only person to order in November then the next shipment will only need 5 units to cover the December orders and only 10 units to cover Dec - March 1st 2011 orders.
We'll see. *fingers crossed*

Last edited:
Yeah, for me it'll be soon 9 months waited for a product worth the equivalent to 3300$; doesn't it deserve a 10% discount? Just saying..

Well, I have to admit that what I'm mostly worried about is some issues discovered by the early adopters, mainly the "premium piece of gear worth 3300$ does not start sometimes due to DSP failure -> start again until succeeded" issue (anomaly, it's been heard). :S

My last update from G66 came last week, when I was told they were expecting units to be sent to them this week. It'd appear that hasn't happened. Again. Sigh.

Drama - really ? I havent heard a thing since the global 19th July email. Some clarification from FAS themselves would be great as seems like Sussi is in the same boat as us. Being told dates, waiting. Repeat cycle.

NiceChris : " Well, I finally broke down today and rang G66. " Would you mind telling us what they said ? I know there are still 13 days left in August so that's just under 2 weeks. Still means it's very unlikely the Nov + Dec 2011 guys n gals will see an Axe II before September now though.
Frustrating. Where IS this large shipment ? This isnt an unofficial waiting list people. This is official information from their selected EU supplier.
If we're told one is coming and doesnt, could someone higher up please let us know why ? Thanks !

Post edit : Just double checked my email. Definitely nothing since 19th July and nothing on the twitter feed either ( they said when the last order was being sent on their http://twitter.com/#!/G66eu page ).

Last edited:
David, that was based on me contacting G66, not something they sent out as a mail. Aside from that, I've had no communication since that July 19th mail either.

NiceChris : " Well, I finally broke down today and rang G66. " Would you mind telling us what they said ?

They said the next shipment should be in Europe in ten days. I believe he then mentioned the 27th. I can't quote the conversation verbatim; however, I got the understanding that in ten days (nine now) I should be receiving an email. I've received many before, but this is the one I've been waiting for.

i imagine the feeling i will get upon holding that black box will be akin to the first time you get to hold your new born baby lol. also i've have waited around the appropriate amount of time for it :\

Seems there are a few more ordered in December that made it to Morks poll ! So how many ordered in Nov + Dec to work out how many units will be needed to cover the 2010 orders only ? December 8th here. 3 more that I've seen on here so far so 4 of us in the Nov / December region right ?
I think since the TM order was 16, if for arguements sake 16 went to G66 in 10 days that would at least bring the backlog into 2011. Here's hoping !

David, we can definitely add 5-6 to that list judging by conversations I've had with people that don't post here. Probably more.

Drama - you're correct. I just checked the poll and where as before there were 4 in Dec, there are now 7 listed. So for arguements sake let's double it and add one ( 1 customer from Nov 2010 still waiting ) leaving a 15 customer backlog for 2010.
So again, if they sent the same amount in 10 days to G66 that they did to the TM list ( 16 units only ) then that should take care of the 2010 orders.
I dont mind waiting 9 days and if yourself and NiceChris were told 27th then it'd be great !
Did you guys order MFC-101's as well ?

Yes. I've had that for months now. Using it with a Digitech GSP1101, Eventide PitchFactor and RJM Effect Gizmo.
Got my Kick Tags for it the other day too. I haven't seen 'em yet as I'm away with work during the week, but I bet they're good.

Yes. I've had that for months now. Using it with a Digitech GSP1101, Eventide PitchFactor and RJM Effect Gizmo.
Got my Kick Tags for it the other day too. I haven't seen 'em yet as I'm away with work during the week, but I bet they're good.

Pedalboard kick tags ? They look amazing. As soon as they are back from their holiday I'll be sure to order some glow in the dark ones too !
I only asked because I reserved my MFC-101 as I figured since I cant use it on it's own it'd be easier for them to save on postage by sending it all at once ! Hoping to be sharing patches with you all ASAP !

Yeah, same deal, reserved one but didn't pay for it yet as there didn't seem much point til I had an FX. My main amp right now is a Hughes and Kettner Coreblade which has a good switch with it, so I can hold tight on the MFC.

Back
Top Bottom