Uhmmmmm...... this is kind of crazy.

I've been thinking about this one a lot since I came across it last night. I honestly don't know how to feel about it. On one hand, WTF are we doing putting a naked baby on an album cover to begin with? On the other hand, I have to wonder if this is just one of those cases where someone's fallen on hard times and then decides to sue. Then again, even if that were true, I don't think that would invalidate his grievance. I dunno, man...Definitely interested to see how this all plays out.

I for one see this as another money grab. Who cares?!?! I would be proud that I was on the cover of one of the most iconic album covers of ALL TIME! The amount of times he should have used this to get laid, is incalculable!
Yes killer remark about getting laid haha. At least we would have willfully abused of such an inexcusable advantage Haha !

I read that and thought, oh this is a way to get money ,guess the pay off to use his pic wasn't enough. and he probably still has a small Weiner .

People's ideals can change, especially when a lawyer starts bending your ear.

Or he started "therapy." I have nothing against it when it is good, but digging into the
past to find out why one is having troubles in the present can get the horse pointed
in the wrong direction right quick.

"Have you ever thought the reason you have trouble with trusting others is because
of that album cover, Spencer?"

I have never realized he was "naked". I just saw a baby.

This!! Anyone "sexualizing" that photo is reaching way too far----even if it is the
"baby" in question insinuating just that as an adult.

I bet they'll settle... Seems that's how these things tend to play out.

Mr. Elden suffered “permanent harm” because of his association with the album, including emotional distress and a “lifelong loss of income-earning capacity.” The lawsuit did not provide details about the losses and said they would be disclosed at trial.

Mr. Elden, an artist living in Los Angeles County, has gone to therapy for years to work through how the album cover affected him, said Maggie Mabie, one of his lawyers.

“He hasn’t met anyone who hasn’t seen his genitalia,” she said. “It's a constant reminder that he has no privacy. His privacy is worthless to the world."

The lawsuit said that Mr. Elden is seeking $150,000 from each of the 15 people and companies named in the complaint, including Kirk Weddle, the photographer who took the picture. Mr. Weddle did not respond to messages requesting comment.

Back
Top Bottom