uh, where do I put my rack?

archangel

I took my Ultra out for its first live use this past w/e and I was stumped during setup because I didnt know where to put my rack. I normally put my rack on top of my 4x12 but I'm using the QSC HPR 122i. I thought about just sticking the rack on the floor but then I couldnt see the AXE tuner patch...I eventually balanced it on the top of a bar stool, but there has got to be a better way...what are you guys doing?

You can use a Keyboard stand.

I layed my stuff on the sub woofer last weekend as I only brought my 2U Rackbag. My 8 space rack is on casters and sits kind of low. Thinking about making a lightweight black box so my I can adjust my axe-fx at eye level if I have to. (Good for home use too)

I set it up off stage, out of sight. I only tune before and between sets... which I've hated, but lived with. Luckily, my guitars don't go out of tune very often.

Yeah, I've just accepted the fact that I've got to either turn away from the audience band to my ca/rack, or crouch down or whatever to tune. Fortunately, I'm not the frontman.

My axe is in a 4U rack and frequently I'll set it up on it's side when I'm not using a cab or other monitor. It was a little weird at first, thinking, "okay the down arrow means I'm flat," and then reversing it when I unthinkingly set up up on the opposite side at the next gig...

I won't tell you which one I use, because I'm not happy with the quality of my stand, but the idea is great. It's an amp stand used the other way round similar to this one:
34668.jpg

or this one
58354.jpg

I love it!

Micha

michl_666 said:
I won't tell you which one I use, because I'm not happy with the quality of my stand, but the idea is great. It's an amp stand used the other way round similar to this one:
34668.jpg

or this one
58354.jpg

I love it!

Micha

+1, and you can find them cheap. Like $20 cheap.

Guitar-Tiz said:
[quote="michl_666":364jl8vj]I won't tell you which one I use, because I'm not happy with the quality of my stand, but the idea is great. It's an amp stand used the other way round similar to this one:
34668.jpg

or this one
58354.jpg

I love it!

Micha

+1, and you can find them cheap. Like $20 cheap.[/quote:364jl8vj]

That's what I am using. Works great.

Sorry guys, a bit off Topic here,

I put mine on the ground, and routed all the cables to the front (except the power which is on the right bottom side) http://www.voes.be/pictures/setup/axe-fx/03big.jpg

@Patrick Voes: I watched your picture --- er ---- how did you managed to get an Liquid Foot in Europe (BTW: Your custom stickers are looking soooooooooo cool)? As far as I know U2justme doesn't sell outside the US - or did he changed his mind.

Thanks - Michael

Michael said:
Sorry guys, a bit off Topic here,

I put mine on the ground, and routed all the cables to the front (except the power which is on the right bottom side) http://www.voes.be/pictures/setup/axe-fx/03big.jpg

@Patrick Voes: I watched your picture --- er ---- how did you managed to get an Liquid Foot in Europe (BTW: Your custom stickers are looking soooooooooo cool)? As far as I know U2justme doesn't sell outside the US - or did he changed his mind.

Thanks - Michael

Thanks for the compliment !
A couple months ago somebody on the forum sold his LF. I didn't hesitate :D

IMHO, Best controller in the world: 4x 16 IA's (I only use 32), grouping, cloning and sysex-commands. Just everything I need and even more.
I was seriously thinking about buying a second standard or ultra since I use my ultra as a big pedalboard and I was running out of CPU. with those sysex-commands I'm able to do all I want now (well not all but I can live with it ;) )

voes said:
I put mine on the ground, and routed all the cables to the front (except the power which is on the right bottom side)

03big.jpg

"Clean, Dirty, Crunch, More, Meat, Heat" :lol: :lol: :lol: Love it!!!!

One question, why and how would you use sysex comands?

Damn!!! That's complicated!!!

Thanks for the info Patrick... I like how you put those colored sticker boarders on your switches... very nice, what did you use?

P.S. I would probably get a Liquid Foot as well if it wasn't almost $5,000... ;)

The Behringer $150 is more in my pocketbook price range... :D

P.S. What exactly does the Heat & Meat do on that amp... looks like a nice amp too!!!

For gigs where we run our own sound I stack it on top of the amp rack.

For other gigs I put it on top of our drummer's equipment case. Only problem with that is I have to wait for him to set up. :roll:

375320.jpg

mortega76 said:
Damn!!! That's complicated!!!

Thanks for the info Patrick... I like how you put those colored sticker boarders on your switches... very nice, what did you use?

P.S. I would probably get a Liquid Foot as well if it wasn't almost $5,000... ;)

The Behringer $150 is more in my pocketbook price range... :D

P.S. What exactly does the Heat & Meat do on that amp... looks like a nice amp too!!!

Indeed a little bit complicated, but fun to do!

The poundcake has 4 channels: clean - crunch - meat - heat.
meat is more crunch (heavy sound) and heat is even more power, which I used for solo.

For info on the stickers, there's also a thread running: http://fractalaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4929&hilit=labels+dweezil&start=40

Back
Top Bottom